Jailed in August: Cannabis farmer and man who tried to kill neighbour
- Credit: Norfolk Constabulary
From drug dealers to robbers here are some of the people jailed in Norfolk this month.
James Spittles, Thomas Baxter and Louis Sullivan
James Spittles, 38, of no fixed address, was one of three men jailed from the Great Yarmouth area after admitting supplying cocaine.
Thomas Baxter, 31, of no fixed address, appeared at King's Lynn Crown Court on Friday August 6 and was jailed for three years after pleading guilty to one count of being concerned in the supply of cocaine and one count of possession with intent to supply cocaine at an earlier hearing.
Louis Sullivan, 32, of Seafields Drive, Hopton, appeared at the same hearing and was jailed for four years after admitting three counts of possession with intent to supply a class A drug, one count of possessing criminal property and one count of being concerned in the supply of Class A drugs at an earlier hearing.
Joseph Melhado, 30, of Anmer, near King's Lynn, admitted stealing underwear and a sex toy in a burglary at St Germans, near King's Lynn.
- 1 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 PlayStation, iPad and pottery classes bought with NHS budget
- 5 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 6 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 7 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 8 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 9 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 10 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
Melhado was jailed for two years at King's Lynn Crown Court and was also ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £149. No order for costs was made.
At a previous hearing in June, Melhado's barrister Nicholas Bleaney asked for a pre-sentence report into the case which he described as "very unusual".
Knowles pleaded guilty to the production of cannabis.
His cannabis factory was discovered in September 2020, containing over 350 cannabis plants in various stages of growth, along with hydroponic equipment.
Adrian Lake was jailed for life after he tried to kill his neighbour by smashing him over the head with a concrete bird bath.
Lake, 60, repeatedly struck his neighbour over the head with the bird bath following an argument.
Sally Hobson, prosecuting, said the 58-year-old victim had gone round to see Lake and said he was going to call police, before he was attacked.
She said: "He picked up a bird bath and swung it towards him. It broke as he made contact and he (the victim) fell to the floor.”