Lorry driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving on A140
- Credit: WAYNE PHILLIPS
A man has been arrested on suspicion of drink-driving after being stopped on the A140 near Mendlesham.
Suffolk police pulled over a lorry on the Ipswich-bound carriageway at around 1am on Saturday.
The stop happened just past Mendlesham, a police spokesman said.
He confirmed that a man had been detained on suspicion of driving with excess alcohol in connection with the incident.
The arrested man was taken to police custody for questioning, and he remained there as of Sunday afternoon.
Witnesses to the incident and anyone with information can call police on 101 quoting reference number 17 of Sunday, May 2.
- 1 Huge fire in scrapyard sees 11 fire engines descend on village
- 2 Six TikTok teens get stuck in toddler swings
- 3 Trees down and power cuts as winds batter Norfolk
- 4 Lorry driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving on A140
- 5 New plea to 'get into habit' of twice weekly Covid tests
- 6 'Get out and vote on election day': plea to people across Norfolk
- 7 'Serious' two-car crash closes road near A143
- 8 Airborne enemies to meet once more at summer airshow
- 9 Man who died in A143 crash named as Leonard Rice, 85
- 10 Third Covid wave could hit Norfolk in late summer, modelling suggests