Lorry driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving on A140
- Credit: WAYNE PHILLIPS
A man has been arrested on suspicion of drink-driving after being stopped on the A140 near Mendlesham.
Suffolk police pulled over a lorry on the Ipswich-bound carriageway at around 1am on Saturday.
The stop happened just past Mendlesham, a police spokesman said.
He confirmed that a man had been detained on suspicion of driving with excess alcohol in connection with the incident.
The arrested man was taken to police custody for questioning, and he remained there as of Sunday afternoon.
Witnesses to the incident and anyone with information can call police on 101 quoting reference number 17 of Sunday, May 2.
- 1 Pink Ladies' Tractor Road Run to return this summer
- 2 Natural England concerned over blueprint for thousands of homes
- 3 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 4 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 5 Home plan for village pub shelved
- 6 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 7 Norfolk gardens to star in forthcoming Channel 5 show
- 8 Five days of resurfacing work costing almost £10k planned for village road
- 9 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 10 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants