Lorry driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving on A140
- Credit: WAYNE PHILLIPS
A man has been arrested on suspicion of drink-driving after being stopped on the A140 near Mendlesham.
Suffolk police pulled over a lorry on the Ipswich-bound carriageway at around 1am on Saturday.
The stop happened just past Mendlesham, a police spokesman said.
He confirmed that a man had been detained on suspicion of driving with excess alcohol in connection with the incident.
The arrested man was taken to police custody for questioning, and he remained there as of Sunday afternoon.
Witnesses to the incident and anyone with information can call police on 101 quoting reference number 17 of Sunday, May 2.
- 1 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 2 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 3 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 4 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 5 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 6 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 7 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 8 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 9 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk