Man charged with causing death by careless driving after A140 crash
- Credit: RACHEL EDGE/ARCHANT
A 75-year-old man has appeared in court charged with causing death by careless driving following a crash on the A140.
Paul Walker, of High Road, Needham, Norfolk, appeared at Suffolk Magistrates' Court on Thursday accused of causing the death of Haydn Lander by careless driving on December 11, 2019.
Emergency services were called at 6.30am to the crash on A140 at Little Stonham which involved a DAF lorry, a Peugeot Partner van and a SEAT Ibiza.
Mr Lander, who was the van driver, died at the scene.
The road remained closed for several hours while an investigation took place, and electrical power to Little Stonham had to be switched off for several hours from around 11am.
Walker, who was the driver of DAF heavy goods vehicle, elected to have the case heard at the crown court at the short hearing.
He will next appear at Ipswich Crown Court on April 8.
- 1 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 2 New head unveiled at high school with 'so much potential'
- 3 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 4 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 5 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 6 Extra police as pub gardens opening could coincide with Canaries promotion
- 7 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening
- 8 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave
- 10 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs