Two jailed after police seize crack cocaine worth up to £350,000
- Credit: Norfolk Police
Two men have been jailed for conspiracy to supply Class A drugs in Norfolk.
Ben Noller, 34, of Cyril Child Close in Colchester, was sentenced to eight years in prison after pleading guilty to conspiring to supply crack cocaine between April 1 and April 24 2020.
Luke Bush, 32, of Sunnyside in Diss, was jailed for 12 years after pleading guilty to conspiring to supply crack cocaine during the same period.
On April 3 2020, officers witnessed suspicious activity just off Union Road at Wortham Ling, near Diss.
Noller was the driver of a car and following a search, officers seized a quantity of crack cocaine, cash and a mobile phone.
Noller was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply crack cocaine and was later released under investigation while officers made further enquiries.
During analysis of the mobile phone, officers found regular text conversations between Noller and Bush indicating the transportation of drugs.
- 1 Church school becomes latest to join growing academy trust
- 2 Overcrowding fears sees council oppose town's affordable housing plans
- 3 Man in court over hundreds of indecent images of children
- 4 50-mile diversion in place as A140 set to close to repair damaged road
- 5 Classic car show back this weekend with over 700 vehicles
- 6 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 7 Nissen hut conversion approved despite holiday home noise concerns
- 8 Town puts on a show for the Armed Forces
- 9 Rare 19th century painting found in Norfolk home sells for £160k
- 10 Train evacuated after hitting horse on Norwich to Diss line
On April 23 2020, officers stopped a car Noller was driving in Elms Close in Great Barton near Bury St Edmunds.
He was found in possession of crack cocaine with an estimated street value of between £100,000 and £350,000.
A mobile phone was also seized and analysis found calls being made between Noller and Bush.
Officers later arrested Bush at an address in Sunnyside in Diss on suspicion of conspiring to supply Class A drugs.
Cocaine was also seized at the address.
Both men were sentenced at Norwich Crown Court on Tuesday, March 1.