Man could stand trial after motorcyclist death in B1113 crash
- Credit: Peter Walsh, Archant Norfolk
A man charged in connection with the death of a Harley-Davidson motorcyclist who died in a crash on a Norfolk could stand trial in the crown court.
Noel Bassam, 35, is facing a charge of causing death by careless driving after Peter Charlebois, 66, was killed when his motorbike was involved in a collision with a van on the B1113 New Buckenham Road near Banham.
Emergency services were called to the accident, near to the junction with Overcross, at about 1.30pm on Saturday, June 20 but Mr Charlebois was pronounced dead at the scene.
Bassam, 35, of Orchard Way, Banham, appeared at Norwich Magistrates Court on Friday (January 14) but entered no plea.
The case was sent to the crown court for trial with the next hearing on February 11.
Bassam, who has learning difficulties was accompanied in the dock by his brother who acted as an intermediary during the short hearing.
Mr Charlebois was born in Montreal but later went to live in Roydon Fen, Roydon, near Diss.
- 1 Six fire crews tackle house blaze near Diss
- 2 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 3 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 4 Fuel spillage and crash caused delays along A140
- 5 Meet the TikTok stylist helping people discover their body shapes
- 6 7 Norfolk food and drink businesses expanding in 2022
- 7 Fare dodgers and fraudsters pay £4m to Greater Anglia in 2021
- 8 Spanish street food business gets residency at Norfolk pub
- 9 Man who may pose risk to children could be in Norfolk or Suffolk
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
He was a professional musician and has a son called Jesse.