Police continue hunt for man who threatened shop staff with knives
- Credit: Archant
Police are continuing to hunt for a man who jumped over a shop counter and threatened staff with knives.
The robbery happened at around 9.30am on Tuesday (November 17) morning, when a man armed with two knives entered the Post Office on Swan Lane, Long Stratton.
Having threatened workers and demanded money, he left the shop - which is also a One Stop convenience store - with a quantity of cash.
Staff were left shaken, but no-one was injured.
Despite carrying out extensive searches in the local area, officers have not yet been able to trace the suspect.
You may also want to watch:
He is described as white, aged in his 20s, between 5ft 6 and 5ft 8, and of slight to medium build. He was wearing dark clothing and a black face covering.
Detective Inspector Chris Burgess said: “The suspect jumped over the post office counter before threatening staff with two knives.
- 1 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 2 Funeral directors flooded again as village hit by downpour
- 3 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 4 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 5 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 6 Town's Estate Agent offers to print school work for children during lockdown
- 7 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 8 Weather warning issued for icy surfaces
- 9 Revealed: 13 new large vaccination sites to open in Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 Record Covid highs for three areas of Norfolk
“The three staff members were understandably distressed by what happened but were fortunately uninjured. We’re following various lines of enquiry and I would urge anyone with information to get in touch.”
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has relevant information should contact Norwich CID on 101, or call Crimestopppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.