More than 20 cars targeted in handbag thefts across Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
More than 20 vehicles have been broken into in south west Norfolk in the past two months.
Police are urging motorists in the Thetford and Downham Market areas to be vigilant following the thefts.
A total of 25 vehicles were broken into between March 1 and May 11 in Thetford, Watton, Swaffham, Hockham, Great Hockham, Methwold, Harling, East Harling, Lynford, Heacham, Feltwell, Shouldham Thorpe, Croxton and Wereham.
In the majority of cases purses, wallets and handbags were targeted.
Chief Inspector Amie Abbs said: “We are investigating these incidents and our Safer Neighbourhood Teams are focusing patrols in these areas as our enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
“I would urge motorists to make sure their cars are locked when left unattended and to ensure all valuables, such as handbags, wallets and phones, are removed from the vehicle.”
Anyone with information concerning the thefts should contact Sergeant Simon Jones at Thetford Police Station on 101 or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Where are Norfolk and Waveney's Covid vaccination sites?
- 2 First patients receive Covid jab at new mass vaccination centre
- 3 Results of testing for new variant in South Norfolk 'could take weeks'
- 4 Norfolk Covid-19 cases at lowest level since October, figures show
- 5 Delays possible as 23m long boat travels along A47 and A11
- 6 New mass vaccination centre opening in Norfolk
- 7 Full list: £715,000 to be spent to make 113 Norfolk roads safer
- 8 Nine in 10 over-65s have had first Covid-19 vaccine, says NHS
- 9 'Time has flown by' - bakery celebrates 30 years in business
- 10 Parents react to twice weekly Covid tests for school households