Driver leads police on 20-minute pursuit before running off
- Credit: Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team
The driver of a Volkswagen led police on a 20-minute pursuit before eventually being arrested while trying to escape on foot.
The incident happened on the Norfolk and Suffolk border on Tuesday evening (July 12).
Officers attempted to stop the vehicle in Rickinghall and Hinderclay, near Diss but the driver failed to stop.
A 20-minute pursuit ensued and the driver eventually "tried his luck" on foot.
Officers caught up with the man a short distance away in a field.
The Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team posted a photo on social media of the stationary Volkswagen with three police vehicles behind it.
A Twitter post by officers involved concluded by warning rogue drivers that while they "can't be everywhere, we could be anywhere".
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 2 Popular miniature steam railway unable to run following fire
- 3 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 4 Drought declared in Norfolk
- 5 Dental woes worsen as town's troubled surgery closes permanently
- 6 Overturned lorry causes heavy traffic on A140
- 7 Where will be the hottest place in Norfolk this weekend?
- 8 Heatwave health warning extended as temperatures expected to hit 36C
- 9 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 10 Cost of living crisis: What to do if you can't pay your bills
The driver is set to appear in court today.