Cyclists plan charity challenge
A FAMILY is planning an epic cycle circumnavigation of Norfolk in aid of East Anglia's Children's Hospices.Gary Alves and his sons Ben, 16, and Tom 13, are planning to cycle around the entire edge of the county and hope to complete the trip in three days.
A FAMILY is planning an epic cycle circumnavigation of Norfolk in aid of East Anglia's Children's Hospices.
Gary Alves and his sons Ben, 16, and Tom 13, are planning to cycle around the entire edge of the county and hope to complete the trip in three days.
On August 1, they will set off from their home village of Forncett on a journey that will take them to Diss, along the Suffolk/Norfolk border, along the Peddars Way to north Norfolk, on to Yarmouth and then back home via the Waveney Valley.
They estimate the total distance to be 170 miles.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Alves said: “We would like to help families and kids who must be experiencing some really difficult times.”
He is appealing for sponsorship, adding: “I'm sure you'll agree it's a really worthy cause.”
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 3 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 4 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 5 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 8 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 9 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 10 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
The charity (Each) provides care and support for life-threatened children and their families in their own homes, as well as its hospices at Quidenham, Ipswich and Milton in Cambridge.
To sponsor the intrepid trio on line, go to www.justgiving.com/norfolk2008 or call Mr Alves on 01953 788873.