Cyclists plan charity challenge
A FAMILY is planning an epic cycle circumnavigation of Norfolk in aid of East Anglia's Children's Hospices.Gary Alves and his sons Ben, 16, and Tom 13, are planning to cycle around the entire edge of the county and hope to complete the trip in three days.
A FAMILY is planning an epic cycle circumnavigation of Norfolk in aid of East Anglia's Children's Hospices.
Gary Alves and his sons Ben, 16, and Tom 13, are planning to cycle around the entire edge of the county and hope to complete the trip in three days.
On August 1, they will set off from their home village of Forncett on a journey that will take them to Diss, along the Suffolk/Norfolk border, along the Peddars Way to north Norfolk, on to Yarmouth and then back home via the Waveney Valley.
They estimate the total distance to be 170 miles.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Alves said: “We would like to help families and kids who must be experiencing some really difficult times.”
He is appealing for sponsorship, adding: “I'm sure you'll agree it's a really worthy cause.”
- 1 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 2 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 3 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 4 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 5 Council leader calls for 'zero tolerance' on abuse after MP's death
- 6 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 7 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 8 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 9 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 10 Parish council chair says he'll stop development trucks
The charity (Each) provides care and support for life-threatened children and their families in their own homes, as well as its hospices at Quidenham, Ipswich and Milton in Cambridge.
To sponsor the intrepid trio on line, go to www.justgiving.com/norfolk2008 or call Mr Alves on 01953 788873.