Cyclists plan charity challenge
A FAMILY is planning an epic cycle circumnavigation of Norfolk in aid of East Anglia's Children's Hospices.Gary Alves and his sons Ben, 16, and Tom 13, are planning to cycle around the entire edge of the county and hope to complete the trip in three days.
A FAMILY is planning an epic cycle circumnavigation of Norfolk in aid of East Anglia's Children's Hospices.
Gary Alves and his sons Ben, 16, and Tom 13, are planning to cycle around the entire edge of the county and hope to complete the trip in three days.
On August 1, they will set off from their home village of Forncett on a journey that will take them to Diss, along the Suffolk/Norfolk border, along the Peddars Way to north Norfolk, on to Yarmouth and then back home via the Waveney Valley.
They estimate the total distance to be 170 miles.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Alves said: “We would like to help families and kids who must be experiencing some really difficult times.”
He is appealing for sponsorship, adding: “I'm sure you'll agree it's a really worthy cause.”
- 1 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 2 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 3 New head unveiled at high school with 'so much potential'
- 4 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 5 How will exam grades and primary school tests work this summer?
- 6 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 7 Cash For Charities: Win a share of £20,000 for your favourite good cause
- 8 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave
- 9 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 10 Water safety campaign launched ahead of summer of staycations
The charity (Each) provides care and support for life-threatened children and their families in their own homes, as well as its hospices at Quidenham, Ipswich and Milton in Cambridge.
To sponsor the intrepid trio on line, go to www.justgiving.com/norfolk2008 or call Mr Alves on 01953 788873.