Cyclists plan charity challenge
A FAMILY is planning an epic cycle circumnavigation of Norfolk in aid of East Anglia's Children's Hospices.Gary Alves and his sons Ben, 16, and Tom 13, are planning to cycle around the entire edge of the county and hope to complete the trip in three days.
A FAMILY is planning an epic cycle circumnavigation of Norfolk in aid of East Anglia's Children's Hospices.
Gary Alves and his sons Ben, 16, and Tom 13, are planning to cycle around the entire edge of the county and hope to complete the trip in three days.
On August 1, they will set off from their home village of Forncett on a journey that will take them to Diss, along the Suffolk/Norfolk border, along the Peddars Way to north Norfolk, on to Yarmouth and then back home via the Waveney Valley.
They estimate the total distance to be 170 miles.
Mr Alves said: “We would like to help families and kids who must be experiencing some really difficult times.”
He is appealing for sponsorship, adding: “I'm sure you'll agree it's a really worthy cause.”
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 2 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 3 'Metal monstrosities' - Opposition to new East Anglia power line grows
- 4 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 5 WATCH: Inside ex-Aviva office being bought for millions by councils
- 6 Norfolk MP's concern over new line of pylons
- 7 Road cleared after severe delays in Diss following vehicle breakdown
- 8 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 9 Man admits arsons which killed 50 pigs and caused £680k of damage
- 10 Rare 19th century painting discovered in Norfolk home could fetch £50k
The charity (Each) provides care and support for life-threatened children and their families in their own homes, as well as its hospices at Quidenham, Ipswich and Milton in Cambridge.
To sponsor the intrepid trio on line, go to www.justgiving.com/norfolk2008 or call Mr Alves on 01953 788873.