Decision on controversial Diss Mere apartments deferred for second time
- Credit: KD Architects/South Norfolk Counci
The decision on whether to give the go-ahead to plans to build modern flats overlooking Diss Mere that are opposed by heritage watchdogs has been deferred for a second time.
Developers want to demolish an existing garage and two store buildings behind the Happy Palace Chinese restaurant on St Nicholas Street and build three apartments.
A decision on the application had been deferred by South Norfolk Council's development management committee in June for members to carry out a site visit.
The decision was now put off until August 21 to allow the developer time to put forward a plan on how they would manage lorry movements and noise disruption during construction.
The plans two four-bedroom apartments and three-bedroom apartment have met with strong opposition over concerns about its scale and impact on the neighbouring Mere-side community wildlife garden and boardwalk.
You may also want to watch:
Planning officers have recommended approval and said the impact on the wildlife garden was not enough to justify the scheme being refused.
- 1 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 2 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 5 How to upcycle your home during lockdown
- 6 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 7 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 8 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Funeral directors flooded again as village hit by downpour