Diss Air Cadets celebrate bumper year
DISS Air Cadets celebrated their successes last year with a spectacular presentation evening.More than 95 guests and cadets gathered at the Diss Salvation Army Hall to see 1070 Squadron's cadets receive record numbers of certificates and awards.
DISS Air Cadets celebrated their successes last year with a spectacular presentation evening.
More than 95 guests and cadets gathered at the Diss Salvation Army Hall to see 1070 Squadron's cadets receive record numbers of certificates and awards.
Squadron commander Flt Lt Emma Dixon hosted the evening with guests of honour including town mayor Jane Trippett-Jones and Wing Commander Tony Hipperson, the officer commanding of Norfolk and Suffolk Wing. Representatives from the Salvation Army, the Royal British Legion and RAFA were also there.
Cadets received certificates for academic merit, adventure training, shooting, sports and flying achievements. Guests were then treated to a Diss Has Got Talent show where cadets showed off their skills in comedy and music.
You may also want to watch:
Trophy winners were: Cadet of the Year - Flight Sergeant Ben Kerry; Most Improved cadet - Cadet Jack Keeling; Most Promising cadet - Corporal Harry Purves; Best Drill & Deportment - Sergeant Kyle Schooley; Best Marksman - Corporal Lawrence Page;
Best Sportsman - Sergeant Kyle Schooley; RAFA Community Shield - Cadet Connor Keightley; Adventurous Training - Cadet Jack Keeling; Educational Achievement - Cadet Chris Smith.
- 1 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 2 'It seems to be a new normal' - 'Pingdemic' forces barbers to close
- 3 Ron and Norma share their secret to 60 years of marriage
- 4 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app
- 5 Tributes paid to farmer and WW2 museum curator
- 6 Midwich sees profits leap 29pc in first half of 2021
- 7 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 8 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 9 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 10 Villagers gather for unveiling of play area after £45k fundraiser
Diss Air Cadets parade every Tuesday and Thursday, at the Drill Hall, Sunnyside, Diss, from 7-9.30pm and welcomes all young people aged between 13 and 18 years.