Diss Air Cadets celebrate bumper year
DISS Air Cadets celebrated their successes last year with a spectacular presentation evening.More than 95 guests and cadets gathered at the Diss Salvation Army Hall to see 1070 Squadron's cadets receive record numbers of certificates and awards.
DISS Air Cadets celebrated their successes last year with a spectacular presentation evening.
More than 95 guests and cadets gathered at the Diss Salvation Army Hall to see 1070 Squadron's cadets receive record numbers of certificates and awards.
Squadron commander Flt Lt Emma Dixon hosted the evening with guests of honour including town mayor Jane Trippett-Jones and Wing Commander Tony Hipperson, the officer commanding of Norfolk and Suffolk Wing. Representatives from the Salvation Army, the Royal British Legion and RAFA were also there.
Cadets received certificates for academic merit, adventure training, shooting, sports and flying achievements. Guests were then treated to a Diss Has Got Talent show where cadets showed off their skills in comedy and music.
You may also want to watch:
Trophy winners were: Cadet of the Year - Flight Sergeant Ben Kerry; Most Improved cadet - Cadet Jack Keeling; Most Promising cadet - Corporal Harry Purves; Best Drill & Deportment - Sergeant Kyle Schooley; Best Marksman - Corporal Lawrence Page;
Best Sportsman - Sergeant Kyle Schooley; RAFA Community Shield - Cadet Connor Keightley; Adventurous Training - Cadet Jack Keeling; Educational Achievement - Cadet Chris Smith.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Why I Love Norfolk: Ben and Matthew Conway
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 5 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 6 Buildings available to rent in grounds of monastery in Norfolk
- 7 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 8 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 9 Four weekends of road closures in Diss due to resurfacing work
- 10 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
Diss Air Cadets parade every Tuesday and Thursday, at the Drill Hall, Sunnyside, Diss, from 7-9.30pm and welcomes all young people aged between 13 and 18 years.