Councils disagree over location for outdoor gym
- Credit: Simon Parkin
Where new outdoor gym equipment should be sited has seen Diss and Roydon councils fail to agree on a suitable location.
Roydon Parish Council is looking for a permanent home for the nine pieces of equipment that have been bought with its £20,000 share of funding from developers earmarked for improvements to recreation facilities.
The council's last meeting decided that having listened to resident opinions a previously agreed site behind the village recycling centre was no longer an option.
With alternatives off Old High Road and the Long Meadow recreation area also ruled out, the council had suggested putting the gym on the Shelfanger Road Sports Ground, owned by Diss Town Council.
However the town council has now refused permission over concerns about who would be responsible for its upkeep.
You may also want to watch:
Diss Town Council leader Simon Olander said: "I can see what will happen it will end up back at our door and our maintenance team will have to take responsibility for it. If there is any place for this equipment, we need to agree for it to be in a mutually acceptable place."
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Why I Love Norfolk: Ben and Matthew Conway
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 5 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 6 Buildings available to rent in grounds of monastery in Norfolk
- 7 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 8 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 9 Four weekends of road closures in Diss due to resurfacing work
- 10 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021