Diss branch of The Royal Air Force Association looks forward to a busy year
- Credit: Archant
A South Norfolk branch of The Royal Air Force Association (RAFA) has celebrated a successful year of fundraising and started preparations for another busy year which will mark the centenary of the RAF.
The Diss and District branch of the RAFA held its annual general meeting at Diss Bowls Club in March.
After reviewing the previous year's activities and fundraising, club president Richard Youngs outlined the preparations for the coming year - which marks 100 years since the formation of the RAF.
To celebrate the occasion, the Diss branch of RAFA will hold a concert in Diss Corn Hall on Saturday, September 15, arrangements for which are well under way.
The Diss branch of the RAFA meets on the fourth Monday of every month in Diss Bowls Club.
You may also want to watch:
Meetings usually start from 7.30pm. Anyone who has an interest in the RAF is welcome to attend.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Want to work on a supercar? Lotus is hiring 200 staff
- 3 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 Mental health boss cleared of lying during inquest
- 6 Are we on the verge of a post-Covid mental health crisis?
- 7 Ex-battery hens in need of free-range retirement homes
- 8 Zoo gets £100k to help crayfish
- 9 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 10 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk