Diss branch of The Royal Air Force Association looks forward to a busy year
- Credit: Archant
A South Norfolk branch of The Royal Air Force Association (RAFA) has celebrated a successful year of fundraising and started preparations for another busy year which will mark the centenary of the RAF.
The Diss and District branch of the RAFA held its annual general meeting at Diss Bowls Club in March.
After reviewing the previous year's activities and fundraising, club president Richard Youngs outlined the preparations for the coming year - which marks 100 years since the formation of the RAF.
To celebrate the occasion, the Diss branch of RAFA will hold a concert in Diss Corn Hall on Saturday, September 15, arrangements for which are well under way.
The Diss branch of the RAFA meets on the fourth Monday of every month in Diss Bowls Club.
You may also want to watch:
Meetings usually start from 7.30pm. Anyone who has an interest in the RAF is welcome to attend.
- 1 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 2 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 3 Woman who sold stolen goods on eBay researched shoplifting online
- 4 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 5 Firefighters tackle Yaxley workshop blaze
- 6 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 More than £4,000 raised after father-of-six has leg amputated
- 9 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 10 'Power of the high vis jacket' - Out with town's Covid watchdogs