Diss branch of The Royal Air Force Association looks forward to a busy year
- Credit: Archant
A South Norfolk branch of The Royal Air Force Association (RAFA) has celebrated a successful year of fundraising and started preparations for another busy year which will mark the centenary of the RAF.
The Diss and District branch of the RAFA held its annual general meeting at Diss Bowls Club in March.
After reviewing the previous year's activities and fundraising, club president Richard Youngs outlined the preparations for the coming year - which marks 100 years since the formation of the RAF.
To celebrate the occasion, the Diss branch of RAFA will hold a concert in Diss Corn Hall on Saturday, September 15, arrangements for which are well under way.
The Diss branch of the RAFA meets on the fourth Monday of every month in Diss Bowls Club.
Meetings usually start from 7.30pm. Anyone who has an interest in the RAF is welcome to attend.
- 1 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 2 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 3 Heavy rain forecast for the rest of the week in Norfolk but snow unlikely
- 4 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 5 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers
- 6 'No excuses' is the message as festive anti-drink drive campaign launched
- 7 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 8 'Key moment' for town centre as £800,000 improvements agreed
- 9 Tribute paid to father-of-three who died near his home aged 36
- 10 'Don’t try and book until the NHS says it is your turn' — PM on booster rollout