Diss branch of The Royal Air Force Association looks forward to a busy year
- Credit: Archant
A South Norfolk branch of The Royal Air Force Association (RAFA) has celebrated a successful year of fundraising and started preparations for another busy year which will mark the centenary of the RAF.
The Diss and District branch of the RAFA held its annual general meeting at Diss Bowls Club in March.
After reviewing the previous year's activities and fundraising, club president Richard Youngs outlined the preparations for the coming year - which marks 100 years since the formation of the RAF.
To celebrate the occasion, the Diss branch of RAFA will hold a concert in Diss Corn Hall on Saturday, September 15, arrangements for which are well under way.
The Diss branch of the RAFA meets on the fourth Monday of every month in Diss Bowls Club.
You may also want to watch:
Meetings usually start from 7.30pm. Anyone who has an interest in the RAF is welcome to attend.
- 1 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 2 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 3 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 4 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 5 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 6 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 7 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 8 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 9 New EAAA contract covers 24/7 flying and advanced helicopters
- 10 Norfolk Indian Society's Covid crisis appeal