Diss Carnival appeal
Organisers of Diss Carnival are appealing to local businesses for their support to ensure its success this year. The town council led the revival of the popular event featuring a traditional street procession and fete which attracted bumper crowds last summer.
Organisers of Diss Carnival are appealing to local businesses for their support to ensure its success this year.
The town council led the revival of the popular event featuring a traditional street procession and fete which attracted bumper crowds last summer. And its carnival committee is delivering flyers to shops and companies in the town calling for their help, and encouraging them to get involved in a variety of ways.
The suggestions include donating a prize for the tombola or raffle, entering a float in the parade, having a stand at the event arena, sponsoring an event or music group and making a contribution towards the financial costs.
The committee said the carnival was a great success last year and they are working towards an even better carnival in 2009. Members are aware of the economic challenges companies may be facing, but need their support to ensure the event is a success.
You may also want to watch:
In return, the committee is offering firms the following opportunities to promote their businesses:
To have a banner link on the carnival website for free allowing visitors to the site to link directly to their own website. Those interested should email contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Former children's shoe fitter feels 'very special' on turning 100
- 3 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 4 80 foot 'golf ball' radar tower rejected for Norfolk village
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide
- 6 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 7 What a difference a year makes: Norfolk braced for yet more rainfall
- 8 'Don't suffer in silence' - Debt expert fears post-Covid crisis
- 9 50,000 more Covid jabs given out - but pace slows in region
- 10 Norfolk Covid cases slightly up but below national averages
To have the company advertised in the official entrance programme, of which almost 5000 were sold last year. Contact Ron Raisey on 01379 658006.
Businesses can also get involved by joining the carnival committee. For more details contact Doreen Collins on 01379 642018 or email email@example.com