Diss Corn Hall open to public
PEOPLE can get a proper look at Diss Corn Hall on Monday when the new management trust throws it open to the public.Although most local people are familiar with the main Assembly Room or the bar, fewer than 100 people see the whole building and its various other rooms in any particular year.
PEOPLE can get a proper look at Diss Corn Hall on Monday when the new management trust throws it open to the public.
Although most local people are familiar with the main Assembly Room or the bar, fewer than 100 people see the whole building and its various other rooms in any particular year.
A spokesman for the Trust said: 'There is the council chamber and former magistrates' room, the retiring room, where they would deliberate over the fate of the accused, the prisoner's room, complete with en suite facilities where he or she would be detained, and, of course, the Old Stables going back to the days when it really was a corn exchange.
'We hope people will take this opportunity to look over the whole building before work begins on the partial demolition and reconstruction'.
You may also want to watch:
Trust members will be there to answer questions and explain some of the ideas for the future of the town landmark.
The first phase of the work will be to improve the acoustics next month and later this year antiquated toilet facilities will be upgraded and the building will be made compliant with the Disability Discrimination Act.
- 1 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 2 Victorian rectory in 5.5 acres for sale for £1.35m
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 No Norfolk Covid-19 deaths recorded for first week since September
- 5 Search for Norfolk neighbours to take on Suffolk in food waste fight
- 6 Buses converted into Covid testing units ahead of expected third wave
- 7 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 8 Mapped: How will the electoral changes impact you?
- 9 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 10 'Honour of my life' - Former crime commissioner reflects on time in role
The Corn Hall will be open from 10am until 4pm on Monday.