Diss Corn Hall open to public
PEOPLE can get a proper look at Diss Corn Hall on Monday when the new management trust throws it open to the public.Although most local people are familiar with the main Assembly Room or the bar, fewer than 100 people see the whole building and its various other rooms in any particular year.
PEOPLE can get a proper look at Diss Corn Hall on Monday when the new management trust throws it open to the public.
Although most local people are familiar with the main Assembly Room or the bar, fewer than 100 people see the whole building and its various other rooms in any particular year.
A spokesman for the Trust said: 'There is the council chamber and former magistrates' room, the retiring room, where they would deliberate over the fate of the accused, the prisoner's room, complete with en suite facilities where he or she would be detained, and, of course, the Old Stables going back to the days when it really was a corn exchange.
'We hope people will take this opportunity to look over the whole building before work begins on the partial demolition and reconstruction'.
You may also want to watch:
Trust members will be there to answer questions and explain some of the ideas for the future of the town landmark.
The first phase of the work will be to improve the acoustics next month and later this year antiquated toilet facilities will be upgraded and the building will be made compliant with the Disability Discrimination Act.
- 1 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 2 'Stay indoors' warning amid flooding fears for Norfolk roads
- 3 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 4 'Exceptional demand' as thousands in Norfolk seek coronavirus hardship fund help
- 5 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 6 Broadband firm pledges 'Herculean effort' in hyperfast roll-out
- 7 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 9 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 10 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
The Corn Hall will be open from 10am until 4pm on Monday.