Diss Corn Hall to host craft fair
Being made redundant was not the end of the world for one Diss craftswoman who used the opportunity to fulfil her dream of starting her own business.
Having lost her job as a youth worker with Norfolk County Council, Roz Barnett, 46, used her redundancy money to launch As you like it Jewellery Design this month.
She has decided to do her bit to encourage residents to shop locally by organising a craft fair, which is taking place at Diss Corn Hall today (November 26) from 10am.
Visitors will be able to browse more than 20 stalls and snap up a range of unique handmade Christmas gifts from some of the area's most talented craftspeople. If successful Roz plans to turn the fair into a monthly event.
Roz said: 'There's not many places for craftspeople to sell from in this area. There's no regular venues or events so I approached the Diss Corn Hall and wondered if they would be interested in hosting us.'
You may also want to watch:
Roz works from home were she creates jewellery from glass, gemstones and vintage beads set with silver. She also organises jewellery parties at people's homes.
Using her past experience as a youth woker in Diss and Harleston, she hopes to carry out jewellery-making workshops for young people and has ambitions of opening her own shop.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 5 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 6 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 7 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 8 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
She said: 'I was really sad to leave the county council but my job was becoming difficult and it was becoming more difficult because of the cuts. It came at the right time for me.'
For more information, call Roz on 01379 643129 or email firstname.lastname@example.org