Diss cycle event lands air ambulance funds
- Credit: Archant
The East Anglian Air Ambulance has received a donation of £1,700 which was raised during the Diss Cyclathon.
Members of Diss Cycling Club and the cyclathon organising team presented a cheque to members of the charity with the money going towards the on-going costs of the vital service.
Alan Franks, Diss Cyclathon organiser, said: 'Having met the air ambulance team in Norwich we are even keener to raise more money for them next year. 'Just the day before, the air ambulance was dispatched to provide emergency care for a cyclist hit by a car in Norwich rush hour. Our donation is on behalf of all cyclists to say thanks to them for providing such a vital service which, in the nicest possible way, we all hope we'll never use.'
Plans are already well underway for next year's cyclathon, which will be held on June 25.
Neil Collins, from Diss Cycling Club, said 'We'll be taking over Diss for the day again next June - with over a 1,000 cyclists this time starting and finishing rides in the town and lots of events on the park.
You may also want to watch:
'We've also agreed outine plans with British Cycling to bring criterium cycle racing back to Diss for the first time since the 1980s so it will be a great cycling day.'
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 3 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 9 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 10 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'