Diss cycle event lands air ambulance funds
- Credit: Archant
The East Anglian Air Ambulance has received a donation of £1,700 which was raised during the Diss Cyclathon.
Members of Diss Cycling Club and the cyclathon organising team presented a cheque to members of the charity with the money going towards the on-going costs of the vital service.
Alan Franks, Diss Cyclathon organiser, said: 'Having met the air ambulance team in Norwich we are even keener to raise more money for them next year. 'Just the day before, the air ambulance was dispatched to provide emergency care for a cyclist hit by a car in Norwich rush hour. Our donation is on behalf of all cyclists to say thanks to them for providing such a vital service which, in the nicest possible way, we all hope we'll never use.'
Plans are already well underway for next year's cyclathon, which will be held on June 25.
Neil Collins, from Diss Cycling Club, said 'We'll be taking over Diss for the day again next June - with over a 1,000 cyclists this time starting and finishing rides in the town and lots of events on the park.
You may also want to watch:
'We've also agreed outine plans with British Cycling to bring criterium cycle racing back to Diss for the first time since the 1980s so it will be a great cycling day.'
- 1 Why I Love Norfolk: Ben and Matthew Conway
- 2 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 6 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 7 Buildings available to rent in grounds of monastery in Norfolk
- 8 Parish council chair says he'll stop development trucks
- 9 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 10 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021