Transport fayre to return to Diss
- Credit: Archant
The annual Diss Heritage Transport Fayre is returning to the town for the fourth consecutive year.
Dozens of vintage and classic cars will fill the Heritage Triangle in the town centre and promises to be bigger and better than ever.
The historic market place is welcoming vehicles of a bygone era and as before the 1940s petrol filling station will pop up at the entrance to Cobbs Yard in St Nicholas Street.
Vehicle owners are being encouraged to wear clothes to match the era of their car and prizes will be awarded to those whose period costume is considered the best in keeping with their classic vehicle.
Suitably, the theme for the day, on Sunday August 12, will be 'step back in time'.
You may also want to watch:
Music on the day will be provided by local groups such as the Diss Ukaholics ensemble, organ grinderrs, street musicans and Morris dancers.
Anyone wishing to display a vehicle should contact Peter Hyde on 01379 741414 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 4 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 5 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 6 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 7 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 8 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 9 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk