Wetherspoons opening in 2019 set to recruit up to 60 staff
- Credit: Archant
A new Wetherspoons branch opening around September is expecting to recruit up to 60 staff.
The two storey pub and restaurant will be in Kings Head Yard by Diss Mere.
A Wetherspoons spokesman said although there is not a confirmed date for the company to move onto the site, it should be around February or March, and is likely to open within six months of that date.
He said: 'We would expect to recruit up to 60 staff.'
The £2.7m project had been scheduled for completion in 2018 but was stalled by revised plans by the pub giant to review costs.
You may also want to watch:
The building will feature a mezzanine level and balcony with views across the water and a design inspired by 'reeds and grasses at the Mere's edge'.
Its arrival will be discussed in further detail at the town council's next full meeting on January 9, 2019.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 5 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 6 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 7 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 8 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"