Wetherspoons opening in 2019 set to recruit up to 60 staff
- Credit: Archant
A new Wetherspoons branch opening around September is expecting to recruit up to 60 staff.
The two storey pub and restaurant will be in Kings Head Yard by Diss Mere.
A Wetherspoons spokesman said although there is not a confirmed date for the company to move onto the site, it should be around February or March, and is likely to open within six months of that date.
He said: 'We would expect to recruit up to 60 staff.'
The £2.7m project had been scheduled for completion in 2018 but was stalled by revised plans by the pub giant to review costs.
You may also want to watch:
The building will feature a mezzanine level and balcony with views across the water and a design inspired by 'reeds and grasses at the Mere's edge'.
Its arrival will be discussed in further detail at the town council's next full meeting on January 9, 2019.
- 1 Bounce is back as new trampoline park opens in town
- 2 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 3 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 4 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 5 Life-saving defibrillator installed along historic Norfolk footpath
- 6 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 7 Lockdown easing LIVE: Norfolk and Waveney enjoys renewed freedom
- 8 Call for caution as restrictions eased amid backdrop of 'perilous' variant
- 9 'Let air in' - New campaign launched as lockdown measures eased
- 10 Village road to shut all day for essential work