Wetherspoons opening in 2019 set to recruit up to 60 staff
- Credit: Archant
A new Wetherspoons branch opening around September is expecting to recruit up to 60 staff.
The two storey pub and restaurant will be in Kings Head Yard by Diss Mere.
A Wetherspoons spokesman said although there is not a confirmed date for the company to move onto the site, it should be around February or March, and is likely to open within six months of that date.
He said: 'We would expect to recruit up to 60 staff.'
The £2.7m project had been scheduled for completion in 2018 but was stalled by revised plans by the pub giant to review costs.
You may also want to watch:
The building will feature a mezzanine level and balcony with views across the water and a design inspired by 'reeds and grasses at the Mere's edge'.
Its arrival will be discussed in further detail at the town council's next full meeting on January 9, 2019.
- 1 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 2 Tree falls on rail line as winds up to 69mph hit Norfolk
- 3 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 4 Harleston funeral service celebrates 10th anniversary
- 5 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 6 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 7 Revenue tops £710m at specialist tech company
- 8 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 9 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 10 'Stay indoors' warning amid flooding fears for Norfolk roads