Wetherspoons opening in 2019 set to recruit up to 60 staff
- Credit: Archant
A new Wetherspoons branch opening around September is expecting to recruit up to 60 staff.
The two storey pub and restaurant will be in Kings Head Yard by Diss Mere.
A Wetherspoons spokesman said although there is not a confirmed date for the company to move onto the site, it should be around February or March, and is likely to open within six months of that date.
He said: 'We would expect to recruit up to 60 staff.'
The £2.7m project had been scheduled for completion in 2018 but was stalled by revised plans by the pub giant to review costs.
You may also want to watch:
The building will feature a mezzanine level and balcony with views across the water and a design inspired by 'reeds and grasses at the Mere's edge'.
Its arrival will be discussed in further detail at the town council's next full meeting on January 9, 2019.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 3 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 9 Diss war hero reaches final 10 in Brave Briton Awards
- 10 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021