Market place road closed for electrical work
- Credit: Archant
Diss Market Place is once again subject to road closures caused by vital electrical work.
UK Power Networks have shut off the road outside Sanda's and St Mary's church to replace electrical joints.
The road will be closed until Thursday, November 29 and will be reopened in time for the usual Friday Market.
To access the market place, vehicles can drive down Market Hill and exit via Chapel Street.
Vehicles travelling down St Nicholas Street will not be able to access the Market Place and will be diverted at the junction along Mount Street.
You may also want to watch:
The closure is the latest in a string of electrical works in and around Diss Heritage Triangle, including five days of repairs beginning around Wednesday, November 14, and works in early October that extended to Mere Street.
Diss Town Council has apologised for the inconvenience.
- 1 New PCC - I will lobby home secretary to crackdown on police abusers
- 2 Buses converted into Covid testing units ahead of expected third wave
- 3 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos
- 4 Lockdown to be eased: what else can I do from May 17?
- 5 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 6 'Your efforts have paid off' - Further lockdown lifting confirmed for May 17
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 9 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 10 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
UPDATE: The road works will now be taking place until December 4. Diss Town Council has said the usual weekly Friday market will continue as normal on the Market Place.
To access the market place, vehicles can drive down Market Hill and exit via chapel street. Vehicles travelling down St Nicholas Street will not be able to access the Market Place and will be diverted at the junction along Mount Street.