Market place road closed for electrical work
- Credit: Archant
Diss Market Place is once again subject to road closures caused by vital electrical work.
UK Power Networks have shut off the road outside Sanda's and St Mary's church to replace electrical joints.
The road will be closed until Thursday, November 29 and will be reopened in time for the usual Friday Market.
To access the market place, vehicles can drive down Market Hill and exit via Chapel Street.
Vehicles travelling down St Nicholas Street will not be able to access the Market Place and will be diverted at the junction along Mount Street.
You may also want to watch:
The closure is the latest in a string of electrical works in and around Diss Heritage Triangle, including five days of repairs beginning around Wednesday, November 14, and works in early October that extended to Mere Street.
Diss Town Council has apologised for the inconvenience.
- 1 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 2 'It seems to be a new normal' - 'Pingdemic' forces barbers to close
- 3 Ron and Norma share their secret to 60 years of marriage
- 4 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app
- 5 Tributes paid to farmer and WW2 museum curator
- 6 Midwich sees profits leap 29pc in first half of 2021
- 7 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 8 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 9 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 10 Villagers gather for unveiling of play area after £45k fundraiser
UPDATE: The road works will now be taking place until December 4. Diss Town Council has said the usual weekly Friday market will continue as normal on the Market Place.
To access the market place, vehicles can drive down Market Hill and exit via chapel street. Vehicles travelling down St Nicholas Street will not be able to access the Market Place and will be diverted at the junction along Mount Street.