Market place road closed for electrical work
- Credit: Archant
Diss Market Place is once again subject to road closures caused by vital electrical work.
UK Power Networks have shut off the road outside Sanda's and St Mary's church to replace electrical joints.
The road will be closed until Thursday, November 29 and will be reopened in time for the usual Friday Market.
To access the market place, vehicles can drive down Market Hill and exit via Chapel Street.
Vehicles travelling down St Nicholas Street will not be able to access the Market Place and will be diverted at the junction along Mount Street.
You may also want to watch:
The closure is the latest in a string of electrical works in and around Diss Heritage Triangle, including five days of repairs beginning around Wednesday, November 14, and works in early October that extended to Mere Street.
Diss Town Council has apologised for the inconvenience.
- 1 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 5 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 6 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
UPDATE: The road works will now be taking place until December 4. Diss Town Council has said the usual weekly Friday market will continue as normal on the Market Place.
To access the market place, vehicles can drive down Market Hill and exit via chapel street. Vehicles travelling down St Nicholas Street will not be able to access the Market Place and will be diverted at the junction along Mount Street.