Town mayor to perform at own civic service
- Credit: Diss Town Council
The public have been invited to the civic service of the Mayor of Diss where she is set to join in performances.
In May Sonia Browne became one of only a handful of woman and the first person of colour to don the ceremonial robes of Diss after being elected mayor. Her civic service will take place on at St Mary's Church on Sunday, September 1 at 3pm with local people invited to attend.
More than 100 confirmed guests will also be in attendance including dignitaries from across East Anglia, her family, friends, colleagues and representatives from local organisations.
The theme for her Mayoral year is "community, communication and kindness - areas that we should all be aware of as individuals and not just as a town."
The service, which will reflect upon the theme, includes a variety of hymns chosen by the Mayor, readings and performances including solos and duets with the Mayor herself.
You may also want to watch:
There will be an opportunity to donate to the Mayor's chosen charities, Papyrus and Norfolk's Big C.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Want to work on a supercar? Lotus is hiring 200 staff
- 3 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 6 Are we on the verge of a post-Covid mental health crisis?
- 7 Ex-battery hens in need of free-range retirement homes
- 8 Mental health boss cleared of lying during inquest
- 9 Norfolk's police deal with sharp rise in mental health-related callouts
- 10 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu