Town mayor to perform at own civic service
- Credit: Diss Town Council
The public have been invited to the civic service of the Mayor of Diss where she is set to join in performances.
In May Sonia Browne became one of only a handful of woman and the first person of colour to don the ceremonial robes of Diss after being elected mayor. Her civic service will take place on at St Mary's Church on Sunday, September 1 at 3pm with local people invited to attend.
More than 100 confirmed guests will also be in attendance including dignitaries from across East Anglia, her family, friends, colleagues and representatives from local organisations.
The theme for her Mayoral year is "community, communication and kindness - areas that we should all be aware of as individuals and not just as a town."
The service, which will reflect upon the theme, includes a variety of hymns chosen by the Mayor, readings and performances including solos and duets with the Mayor herself.
You may also want to watch:
There will be an opportunity to donate to the Mayor's chosen charities, Papyrus and Norfolk's Big C.
- 1 Police search for Norwich man wanted on recall to prison
- 2 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 3 Warning over con artists trying 'council tax' scam in Norfolk
- 4 Six TikTok teens get stuck in toddler swings
- 5 'Don't suffer in silence' - Debt expert fears post-Covid crisis
- 6 Big rise in Norfolk children being home-schooled
- 7 Huge fire in scrapyard sees 11 fire engines descend on village
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide
- 9 'Get out and vote on election day': plea to people across Norfolk
- 10 Norfolk schools turn to Essex to find governors