Town mayor to perform at own civic service
- Credit: Diss Town Council
The public have been invited to the civic service of the Mayor of Diss where she is set to join in performances.
In May Sonia Browne became one of only a handful of woman and the first person of colour to don the ceremonial robes of Diss after being elected mayor. Her civic service will take place on at St Mary's Church on Sunday, September 1 at 3pm with local people invited to attend.
More than 100 confirmed guests will also be in attendance including dignitaries from across East Anglia, her family, friends, colleagues and representatives from local organisations.
The theme for her Mayoral year is "community, communication and kindness - areas that we should all be aware of as individuals and not just as a town."
The service, which will reflect upon the theme, includes a variety of hymns chosen by the Mayor, readings and performances including solos and duets with the Mayor herself.
There will be an opportunity to donate to the Mayor's chosen charities, Papyrus and Norfolk's Big C.
- 1 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 2 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 3 'No excuses' is the message as festive anti-drink drive campaign launched
- 4 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 5 Heavy rain forecast for the rest of the week in Norfolk but snow unlikely
- 6 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 7 'Don’t try and book until the NHS says it is your turn' — PM on booster rollout
- 8 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers
- 9 'Key moment' for town centre as £800,000 improvements agreed
- 10 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village