Town high street to be closed for roadworks
- Credit: Simon Parkin
Roadworks on the high street in Diss will see it closed to traffic for two days.
Anglian Water will be carrying out remedial work in Mere Street to rectify defected surface depressions on Monday, October 21 and Tuesday, October, 22
The work will see the street closed from Market Place to the junction with Chapel Street to vehicles on both days, which is likely to have the greatest impact on deliveries to shops and businesses and take away services from food outlets.
Mere Street is closed to traffic on Fridays to coincide with the weekly market.
Meanwhile work to install two new crossing points near Roydon Primary School could lead to traffic disruption for five days.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk County Council said the roadworks may mean possible delays likely on Old High Road from Monday, October 21 to Friday, October 25.
- 1 13 fire crews battle blaze at 'beautiful thatched house'
- 2 Family 'devastated' after thatched cottage badly damaged in fire
- 3 Severe damage caused to thatched cottage after blaze
- 4 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 5 Norfolk to feature in Steven Spielberg's Second World War TV series
- 6 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 7 Care home residents delighted by alpaca visit
- 8 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Spotlight on South Norfolk
- 9 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 10 Couple's search for Norwich home for natural wine shop and bar