Town high street to be closed for roadworks
- Credit: Simon Parkin
Roadworks on the high street in Diss will see it closed to traffic for two days.
Anglian Water will be carrying out remedial work in Mere Street to rectify defected surface depressions on Monday, October 21 and Tuesday, October, 22
The work will see the street closed from Market Place to the junction with Chapel Street to vehicles on both days, which is likely to have the greatest impact on deliveries to shops and businesses and take away services from food outlets.
Mere Street is closed to traffic on Fridays to coincide with the weekly market.
Meanwhile work to install two new crossing points near Roydon Primary School could lead to traffic disruption for five days.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk County Council said the roadworks may mean possible delays likely on Old High Road from Monday, October 21 to Friday, October 25.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 3 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 4 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 5 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 8 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 9 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 10 Diss war hero reaches final 10 in Brave Briton Awards