Town high street to be closed for roadworks
- Credit: Simon Parkin
Roadworks on the high street in Diss will see it closed to traffic for two days.
Anglian Water will be carrying out remedial work in Mere Street to rectify defected surface depressions on Monday, October 21 and Tuesday, October, 22
The work will see the street closed from Market Place to the junction with Chapel Street to vehicles on both days, which is likely to have the greatest impact on deliveries to shops and businesses and take away services from food outlets.
Mere Street is closed to traffic on Fridays to coincide with the weekly market.
Meanwhile work to install two new crossing points near Roydon Primary School could lead to traffic disruption for five days.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk County Council said the roadworks may mean possible delays likely on Old High Road from Monday, October 21 to Friday, October 25.
- 1 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 2 Collapsed embankment means major disruption to Norwich-London trains
- 3 Norfolk teacher in national campaign for switching careers
- 4 Covid rates continue to slow but national deaths pass 100,000
- 5 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 6 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 7 Woman who sold stolen goods on eBay researched shoplifting online
- 8 Tips for families with Special Educational Needs children in lockdown
- 9 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 10 Firefighters tackle Yaxley workshop blaze