Town high street to be closed for roadworks
- Credit: Simon Parkin
Roadworks on the high street in Diss will see it closed to traffic for two days.
Anglian Water will be carrying out remedial work in Mere Street to rectify defected surface depressions on Monday, October 21 and Tuesday, October, 22
The work will see the street closed from Market Place to the junction with Chapel Street to vehicles on both days, which is likely to have the greatest impact on deliveries to shops and businesses and take away services from food outlets.
Mere Street is closed to traffic on Fridays to coincide with the weekly market.
Meanwhile work to install two new crossing points near Roydon Primary School could lead to traffic disruption for five days.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk County Council said the roadworks may mean possible delays likely on Old High Road from Monday, October 21 to Friday, October 25.
- 1 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 2 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 3 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 4 Why I Love Norfolk: Ben and Matthew Conway
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 7 Council leader calls for 'zero tolerance' on abuse after MP's death
- 8 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 9 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 10 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan