‘It’s Morrisons fish and chips’ - Norfolk woman reveals her secret to reaching 102
- Credit: Helaine Clare
When it came to holding a 102 birthday celebration there was only one choice for Lilian Blogg, the supermarket she has been visiting almost daily for decades and whose fish and chips she credits with keeping her healthy.
Mrs Blogg is so well know to staff at Morrisons in Diss that they laid on a special party including a birthday cake for their most loyal customer.
She was joined by family, including her daughter Carol Coleman, and friends at the supermarket café to celebrate the occasion with a table specially put aside and decorated with glitz and glamour and festooned with balloons.
Mrs Blogg, who moved to the Diss area from Essex when she was in her 50s, is so dedicated to the supermarket and its café, which also helped mark her 100th birthday in 2017, that she has been a regular for over 20 years.
Prior to retiring and moving to Diss, Mrs Blogg was employed at the Union Cable Company, an industrial business based in Dagenham, and later as a dinner lady in an infant school.
You may also want to watch:
Her friend and neighbour Helaine Clare, who was also at the party, said: "She still comes to Morrisons about four times a week and has been doing for as long as I can remember. She used walked there up to the age of 97 but now she gets a taxi.
"She just loves it because they are nice people and treat her well and she tells me that it is their fish and chips that are what keep her healthy."
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 5 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 6 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 7 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 8 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 9 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 10 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
Morrisons café assistant Tracey Stephens said: "She loves it here and we all know her. She is such a lovely lady and she was so pleased with the party and with her family being there.
"She comes almost every day and we all know her. She either has fish and chips or jacket potato, but mostly fish and chips. They must be good because she is 102 and still going strong."