Slimming new mum sheds two and half stone despite pregnancy
- Credit: Slimming World
A new mum who joined a Norfolk slimming club hours before discovering she was having another baby shed two and a half stone despite her pregnancy.
Sarah Pattison, from Roydon, found out she was pregnant within 20 hours of joining her local Slimming World group.
But after being reassured it was safe to continue slimming when she gave birth just over seven months later she was still 3lb lighter than when she joined. And by the time her new son, Hugo, was 10 weeks she had reached her dream target weight having lost two and a half stone.
She said: 'I'd gained about one stone after each of my previous pregnancies and I was adamant that I wasn't going to gain a third stone.'
She embarked on her slimming drive after a holiday. 'When we went on holiday last year I needed to buy new clothes, in a larger size, because things didn't fit anymore,' she said. 'I then saw a photo of myself which horrified me and I decided I had to do something about it.'
You may also want to watch:
Roydon Slimming World group co-ordinator Natalie Duke said there was a specific plan to help expectant mums manage their weight throughout pregnancy.
She said: 'Hugo accompanies Sarah to group now and everyone loves him. He's as good as gold and he has inherited lots of surrogate aunties and uncles!'
- 1 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 2 Diss war hero reaches final 10 in Brave Briton Awards
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 5 Primary and secondary schools join forces under new leadership
- 6 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021
- 7 New Covid variants may require jabs for children, UEA experts warn
- 8 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 9 Last chance to recognise our social care heroes at the Norfolk Care Awards 2021
- 10 Ron and Norma share their secret to 60 years of marriage