Slimming new mum sheds two and half stone despite pregnancy
- Credit: Slimming World
A new mum who joined a Norfolk slimming club hours before discovering she was having another baby shed two and a half stone despite her pregnancy.
Sarah Pattison, from Roydon, found out she was pregnant within 20 hours of joining her local Slimming World group.
But after being reassured it was safe to continue slimming when she gave birth just over seven months later she was still 3lb lighter than when she joined. And by the time her new son, Hugo, was 10 weeks she had reached her dream target weight having lost two and a half stone.
She said: 'I'd gained about one stone after each of my previous pregnancies and I was adamant that I wasn't going to gain a third stone.'
She embarked on her slimming drive after a holiday. 'When we went on holiday last year I needed to buy new clothes, in a larger size, because things didn't fit anymore,' she said. 'I then saw a photo of myself which horrified me and I decided I had to do something about it.'
You may also want to watch:
Roydon Slimming World group co-ordinator Natalie Duke said there was a specific plan to help expectant mums manage their weight throughout pregnancy.
She said: 'Hugo accompanies Sarah to group now and everyone loves him. He's as good as gold and he has inherited lots of surrogate aunties and uncles!'
- 1 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 5 PlayStation, iPad and pottery classes bought with NHS budget
- 6 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 7 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 10 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready