Diss power cut problems continue
Work is continuing in Diss to resolve a fault involving an underground cable, which has been responsible for a spate of power cuts in the town.Electricity to more than 2,000 homes was affected on Christmas Day and EDF Energy engineers have been working to resolve a fault in the Mount Street area.
Work is continuing in Diss to resolve a fault involving an underground cable, which has been responsible for a spate of power cuts in the town.
Electricity to more than 2,000 homes was affected on Christmas Day and EDF Energy engineers have been working to resolve a fault in the Mount Street area.
A town centre road - Church Street - remains closed to traffic today after being shut over the weekend to repair the underground cable.
Around 150 households experienced another power cut between 8am and 12.45pm on Saturday after a replacement generator in the Mount Street car park experienced a technical fault.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for EDF Energy yesterday said engineers were finalising the repairs to the underground cable, which first developed on December 25.
'We would like to apologise to customers in the Mount Street area of Diss, for the recent interruptions to their power supplies.'
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 3 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 4 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 5 Four weekends of road closures in Diss due to resurfacing work
- 6 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 7 Train troubles in Norfolk after lorry hits overhead cables
- 8 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 9 Norfolk RAF hero who lost both legs wins national awards
- 10 Contactless card payment limit increased to £100
'We do appreciate how difficult it is to be without power particularly at this time of year, and would like to reassure customers that we plan to return their power supplies to the normal network as soon as possible.'