Diss quiz teams raise �1,000 for BHF
Twelve teams helped raise just over �1,000 for the British Heart Foundation as part of the charity's Big Diss Quiz.
The winning team from chartered accountants, Larking Gowen, received the BHF trophy and voucher for a half page colour advert in the Mercury and a cash prize for the winning team members, Tom Bell, Neil Sturgeon, Jordan Brown, Trudy Lambert and Lindsay Cates.
The event took place at the Greyhound pub, with �1,001 going to the charity's 50th anniversary Mending Broken Hearts Appeal.
Brenda Clabburn, BHF fundraising manager for Norfolk and Suffolk, said: 'We would like to thank the 12 teams for taking part and all the companies who donated a fantastic 42 raffle prizes.
'A lot of hard work went into the event and big thank you to the volunteers and Nick Woods as quiz master for their support.'
You may also want to watch:
The goal of the Mending Broken Heart Appeal is to fund the research that could begin to 'mend broken hearts' in as little as 10 years and save and improve the lives of millions within decades.
For more information about organising a BHF fundraising event, contact Brenda Clabburn on 01953 450210 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Want to work on a supercar? Lotus is hiring 200 staff
- 3 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 Are we on the verge of a post-Covid mental health crisis?
- 6 Mental health boss cleared of lying during inquest
- 7 Ex-battery hens in need of free-range retirement homes
- 8 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 9 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 10 Norfolk's police deal with sharp rise in mental health-related callouts