Diss quiz teams raise �1,000 for BHF
Twelve teams helped raise just over �1,000 for the British Heart Foundation as part of the charity's Big Diss Quiz.
The winning team from chartered accountants, Larking Gowen, received the BHF trophy and voucher for a half page colour advert in the Mercury and a cash prize for the winning team members, Tom Bell, Neil Sturgeon, Jordan Brown, Trudy Lambert and Lindsay Cates.
The event took place at the Greyhound pub, with �1,001 going to the charity's 50th anniversary Mending Broken Hearts Appeal.
Brenda Clabburn, BHF fundraising manager for Norfolk and Suffolk, said: 'We would like to thank the 12 teams for taking part and all the companies who donated a fantastic 42 raffle prizes.
'A lot of hard work went into the event and big thank you to the volunteers and Nick Woods as quiz master for their support.'
You may also want to watch:
The goal of the Mending Broken Heart Appeal is to fund the research that could begin to 'mend broken hearts' in as little as 10 years and save and improve the lives of millions within decades.
For more information about organising a BHF fundraising event, contact Brenda Clabburn on 01953 450210 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 2 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 3 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 6 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Broadband firm pledges 'Herculean effort' in hyperfast roll-out
- 8 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
- 9 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 10 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office