Diss residents air fears over yobs
Residents in Diss have voiced their concerns about anti-social behaviour in the town and surrounding areas. The issue was identified as a priority during a recent public meeting hosted by the local safer neighbourhood team (SNT) and South Norfolk Council.
Residents in Diss have voiced their concerns about anti-social behaviour in the town and surrounding areas.
The issue was identified as a priority during a recent public meeting hosted by the local safer neighbourhood team (SNT) and South Norfolk Council.
As a result, the Diss police team will be focusing its efforts on tackling anti-social behaviour in the town centre, around Shelfanger village hall and the anti-social use of vehicles at Vinces Road.
Diss SNT Sgt Dave Sutton said: “We are aware of the increase in complaints about anti-social behaviour and criminal damage in the town centre which was reiterated by members of the public at the meeting on Thursday at the Corn Hall.
You may also want to watch:
“We have instigated two initiatives to combat this and people in the town will see an increased police presence in the town centre, particularly on Friday and Saturday nights when the bulk of the problems occur.”
The Waveney Valley SNAP is a public meeting that offers people the chance to meet and discuss any issues they may have with their local policing team and other partner agencies. The next meeting will be held on Thursday, December 11 at the Apollo Club, Mendham Lane, Harleston.
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 4 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 5 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 6 Appeal to find 27-year-old wanted on recall to prison
- 7 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 8 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 9 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 10 Ron and Norma share their secret to 60 years of marriage