Roadworks on town’s main road delayed due to ‘unsuitable weather’
- Credit: Archant
Work to repair drains that will see motorists facing disruption and temporary traffic lights along the busiest road in Diss has been delayed.
Norfolk County Council said work to install drainage channels on the Victoria Road between the Tesco and Morrisons roundabouts originally due to take place on February 2 had to be postponed "due to the likelihood of unsuitable weather".
The £5,000 work will now be carried out on February 9. It is being undertaken on a Sunday to minimise the disruption.
Traffic will be controlled using temporary traffic lights between the two mini roundabouts at one of the busiest parts of the main A1066 road through the town.
A spokesman said: "We would like to thank people for their patience while these works to deal with standing water along the edge of the road are carried out."
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile Manor Road in Roydon will be closed to traffic on February 13 from the junction with Queensway to south of the junction with Brewers Green Lane while BT remove poles from the verge.
- 1 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 2 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 3 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 4 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 5 Why I Love Norfolk: Ben and Matthew Conway
- 6 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 7 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 8 Council leader calls for 'zero tolerance' on abuse after MP's death
- 9 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 10 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan