Roadworks on town’s main road delayed due to ‘unsuitable weather’
- Credit: Archant
Work to repair drains that will see motorists facing disruption and temporary traffic lights along the busiest road in Diss has been delayed.
Norfolk County Council said work to install drainage channels on the Victoria Road between the Tesco and Morrisons roundabouts originally due to take place on February 2 had to be postponed "due to the likelihood of unsuitable weather".
The £5,000 work will now be carried out on February 9. It is being undertaken on a Sunday to minimise the disruption.
Traffic will be controlled using temporary traffic lights between the two mini roundabouts at one of the busiest parts of the main A1066 road through the town.
A spokesman said: "We would like to thank people for their patience while these works to deal with standing water along the edge of the road are carried out."
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile Manor Road in Roydon will be closed to traffic on February 13 from the junction with Queensway to south of the junction with Brewers Green Lane while BT remove poles from the verge.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 3 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 4 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 5 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 6 Revealed: 11 more coronavirus vaccination centres set to open
- 7 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 8 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 9 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland