Waterside visit from Santa raises almost £600
- Credit: Archant
A Christmas visit from Santa Claus has raised almost £600.
Diss Waveney Rotary club collected £590 at the Mere's Mouth in Diss for charities supported by the organisation.
Santa Claus and his 'reindeer' pulled sleigh appeared by the water three times in the run up to Christmas, on December 19, 22, and Christmas Eve.
Children were able to meet the man himself and talk to him about their festive wishes.
Earlier in the month on December 15 the Rotary Club of Diss and District, together with music by Jonny Ling and one of his 'magnificent' Mechanical Instruments, also brought Santa to the Mere. A collection of £252.40 has been donated to charities in the area.
You may also want to watch:
The club also collaborated with Diss Young Farmers Club to erect a sparkling Christmas tree on the Mere itself, a tradition going back years.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Want to work on a supercar? Lotus is hiring 200 staff
- 3 Investigation as farm video claims to show chickens 'deformed and dying'
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 Mental health boss cleared of lying during inquest
- 6 Zoo gets £100k to help crayfish
- 7 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 8 Your nominations needed for People's Choice at Norfolk Arts Awards 2021
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Teens aged 16-17 years old will be allowed vaccine before new school term