Waterside visit from Santa raises almost £600
- Credit: Archant
A Christmas visit from Santa Claus has raised almost £600.
Diss Waveney Rotary club collected £590 at the Mere's Mouth in Diss for charities supported by the organisation.
Santa Claus and his 'reindeer' pulled sleigh appeared by the water three times in the run up to Christmas, on December 19, 22, and Christmas Eve.
Children were able to meet the man himself and talk to him about their festive wishes.
Earlier in the month on December 15 the Rotary Club of Diss and District, together with music by Jonny Ling and one of his 'magnificent' Mechanical Instruments, also brought Santa to the Mere. A collection of £252.40 has been donated to charities in the area.
You may also want to watch:
The club also collaborated with Diss Young Farmers Club to erect a sparkling Christmas tree on the Mere itself, a tradition going back years.
- 1 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 2 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 3 New head unveiled at high school with 'so much potential'
- 4 How will exam grades and primary school tests work this summer?
- 5 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 6 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 7 Cash For Charities: Win a share of £20,000 for your favourite good cause
- 8 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 9 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 10 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening