Diss sports club plans revised
A businessman has revised plans to extend a south Norfolk sports club.Proposals to upgrade the Heywood Sports and Racquet Club in Diss were refused by district councillors last year because of concerns about the impact on neighbours and the next door high school.
A businessman has revised plans to extend a south Norfolk sports club.
Proposals to upgrade the Heywood Sports and Racquet Club in Diss were refused by district councillors last year because of concerns about the impact on neighbours and the next door high school.
Chris Burnard, of Traditional English Properties, who owns the facility, has submitted fresh plans for the site in Walcot Road, which could result in a new swimming pool in the town.
The scheme, which would add an extra 675sqm of space at the privately owned club, would also create new changing facilities, reception area, kitchen, fitness studio and badminton court in addition to the existing squash courts, gym, football pitch, tennis courts, and bar area.
You may also want to watch:
An application to South Norfolk Council said the revised project aimed to overcome previous concerns and ensure the viability of the sports centre. The proposals would also create five new part-time and full-time jobs.
- 1 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 2 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 3 New head unveiled at high school with 'so much potential'
- 4 How will exam grades and primary school tests work this summer?
- 5 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 6 Cash For Charities: Win a share of £20,000 for your favourite good cause
- 7 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 8 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 9 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave
- 10 Water safety campaign launched ahead of summer of staycations