Diss sports club plans revised
A businessman has revised plans to extend a south Norfolk sports club.Proposals to upgrade the Heywood Sports and Racquet Club in Diss were refused by district councillors last year because of concerns about the impact on neighbours and the next door high school.
A businessman has revised plans to extend a south Norfolk sports club.
Proposals to upgrade the Heywood Sports and Racquet Club in Diss were refused by district councillors last year because of concerns about the impact on neighbours and the next door high school.
Chris Burnard, of Traditional English Properties, who owns the facility, has submitted fresh plans for the site in Walcot Road, which could result in a new swimming pool in the town.
The scheme, which would add an extra 675sqm of space at the privately owned club, would also create new changing facilities, reception area, kitchen, fitness studio and badminton court in addition to the existing squash courts, gym, football pitch, tennis courts, and bar area.
You may also want to watch:
An application to South Norfolk Council said the revised project aimed to overcome previous concerns and ensure the viability of the sports centre. The proposals would also create five new part-time and full-time jobs.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 5 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 6 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 9 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 10 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'