Diss sports club plans revised
A businessman has revised plans to extend a south Norfolk sports club.Proposals to upgrade the Heywood Sports and Racquet Club in Diss were refused by district councillors last year because of concerns about the impact on neighbours and the next door high school.
A businessman has revised plans to extend a south Norfolk sports club.
Proposals to upgrade the Heywood Sports and Racquet Club in Diss were refused by district councillors last year because of concerns about the impact on neighbours and the next door high school.
Chris Burnard, of Traditional English Properties, who owns the facility, has submitted fresh plans for the site in Walcot Road, which could result in a new swimming pool in the town.
The scheme, which would add an extra 675sqm of space at the privately owned club, would also create new changing facilities, reception area, kitchen, fitness studio and badminton court in addition to the existing squash courts, gym, football pitch, tennis courts, and bar area.
You may also want to watch:
An application to South Norfolk Council said the revised project aimed to overcome previous concerns and ensure the viability of the sports centre. The proposals would also create five new part-time and full-time jobs.
- 1 'Power of the high vis jacket' - Out with town's Covid watchdogs
- 2 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 3 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 4 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 5 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 6 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 7 Every Child Online - New campaign to get laptops and devices to children
- 8 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 9 Tree falls on rail line as winds up to 69mph hit Norfolk
- 10 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes