Coronavirus: Council still able to serve but cancels all face-to-face meetings
- Credit: Archant
A town council has said it is still open to enquires but face-to-face meetings will be cancelled.
Diss Town Council will still be taking residents’ enquiring via Email and telephone but meetings have been suspended for the “foreseeable” future.
A spokesman said: “Councillors and staff from Diss Town Council are encouraging all members of its community to follow the latest government guidance regarding the coronavirus.
“We hope that with the recommended guidelines, the impact of Covid-19 can be mitigated in Diss and the surrounding parishes.”
The council, which owns the Diss Youth and Community Centre, has apologised to hirers of the hall due to making the “difficult decision” to cancel all events.
You may also want to watch:
Diss Council can be contacted on 01379 643848 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
It comes as Watton Town Council closed its offices, in Wayland Hall, Watton, to the public following a member of staff coming in contact with a coronavirus patient.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 5 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 6 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"