Coronavirus: Council still able to serve but cancels all face-to-face meetings
- Credit: Archant
A town council has said it is still open to enquires but face-to-face meetings will be cancelled.
Diss Town Council will still be taking residents’ enquiring via Email and telephone but meetings have been suspended for the “foreseeable” future.
A spokesman said: “Councillors and staff from Diss Town Council are encouraging all members of its community to follow the latest government guidance regarding the coronavirus.
“We hope that with the recommended guidelines, the impact of Covid-19 can be mitigated in Diss and the surrounding parishes.”
The council, which owns the Diss Youth and Community Centre, has apologised to hirers of the hall due to making the “difficult decision” to cancel all events.
You may also want to watch:
Diss Council can be contacted on 01379 643848 or email@example.com.
It comes as Watton Town Council closed its offices, in Wayland Hall, Watton, to the public following a member of staff coming in contact with a coronavirus patient.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 3 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 4 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 7 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 8 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021
- 9 Villagers gather for unveiling of play area after £45k fundraiser
- 10 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'