Market town decorated with lanterns for Chinese New Year
- Credit: Archant
An unusual splash of colour appeared in a market street to celebrate the Chinese New Year.
Almost a hundred red lanterns have been strung across the Heritage Triangle in Diss ahead of the festivities this weekend.
Neal Liu, who co-owns the Happy Palace Chinese restaurant in St Nicholas Street, said: 'It is fun and emotional to celebrate the New Year here in Diss.
'We have lived here almost ten years and we have gotten to know so many people in the area so it is nice to share the celebration.
'So much money has been invested to make the town even more beautiful and we love to be part of the community.'
You may also want to watch:
Traditional customs of fireworks, dumplings and red envelopes of lucky money will be enjoyed by Neal and his family this weekend as millions across the globe ring in the Chinese New Year on Friday.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 4 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 5 Former children's shoe fitter feels 'very special' on turning 100
- 6 Huge fire in scrapyard sees 11 fire engines descend on village
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide
- 8 All shops to charge 10p for plastic bags from May 21
- 9 50,000 more Covid jabs given out - but pace slows in region
- 10 Under-40s to be offered alternative to Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine