Market town decorated with lanterns for Chinese New Year
- Credit: Archant
An unusual splash of colour appeared in a market street to celebrate the Chinese New Year.
Almost a hundred red lanterns have been strung across the Heritage Triangle in Diss ahead of the festivities this weekend.
Neal Liu, who co-owns the Happy Palace Chinese restaurant in St Nicholas Street, said: 'It is fun and emotional to celebrate the New Year here in Diss.
'We have lived here almost ten years and we have gotten to know so many people in the area so it is nice to share the celebration.
'So much money has been invested to make the town even more beautiful and we love to be part of the community.'
You may also want to watch:
Traditional customs of fireworks, dumplings and red envelopes of lucky money will be enjoyed by Neal and his family this weekend as millions across the globe ring in the Chinese New Year on Friday.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 3 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 4 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 5 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 8 Villagers gather for unveiling of play area after £45k fundraiser
- 9 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 10 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'