Two arrested after 11 cars damaged in vandalism spree
- Credit: Google
Two men were arrested following a spate of damage to cars in a quiet residential street in Diss.
Householders in Pursehouse Way were left furious after discovering vandalism to vehicles following a commotion in the street at about 10.30pm on Saturday, August 31.
Police received 11 reports of criminal damage to cars including wing mirrors broken and windows smashed.
A 22-year-old man and a 29-year-old man were subsequently arrested on suspicion of criminal damage and were both released under investigation whilst enquiries continue.
A local resident, who preferred not to be named, said: "There was a lot of shouting and they were smashing cars as they went up the street and round into Vinces Road. A lot of people are very unhappy about it."
You may also want to watch:
Inspector Laura Symonds said: "This series is isolated and we are currently investigating two suspects. No one else is thought to be involved.
"Crimes like this rarely happen in Diss, however there will be an increased police presence in the area to reassure residents that they are safe and should not experience such damage."
- 1 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 7 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 8 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 9 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 10 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van