Two arrested after 11 cars damaged in vandalism spree
- Credit: Google
Two men were arrested following a spate of damage to cars in a quiet residential street in Diss.
Householders in Pursehouse Way were left furious after discovering vandalism to vehicles following a commotion in the street at about 10.30pm on Saturday, August 31.
Police received 11 reports of criminal damage to cars including wing mirrors broken and windows smashed.
A 22-year-old man and a 29-year-old man were subsequently arrested on suspicion of criminal damage and were both released under investigation whilst enquiries continue.
A local resident, who preferred not to be named, said: "There was a lot of shouting and they were smashing cars as they went up the street and round into Vinces Road. A lot of people are very unhappy about it."
You may also want to watch:
Inspector Laura Symonds said: "This series is isolated and we are currently investigating two suspects. No one else is thought to be involved.
"Crimes like this rarely happen in Diss, however there will be an increased police presence in the area to reassure residents that they are safe and should not experience such damage."
- 1 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 2 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 3 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 6 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 9 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 10 Train troubles in Norfolk after lorry hits overhead cables