Diss Waveney Rotary Club have fundraising achievements recognised
- Credit: Archant
The hard work of a Norfolk Rotary Club has been recognised with three prestigious awards from Rotary International.
The Diss Waveney Rotary club has been awarded three awards by Rotary International for their fundraising efforts and environmental achievements.
At a club meeting on held in Park hotel on Monday, January 22, President Janet Turner presented the group with a banner for being the top club in East Anglia on a per capita basis for giving to the Rotary Foundation, a certificate for contributing more than $1000 to the 'End Polio Now' polio campaign and a Bronze level Eco Award for being the first club in East Anglia to plant one tree per member as per the RI President's July Challenge.
A spokesperson for the club said: 'Members are extremely proud to receive these awards in recognition of our donations to the Rotary Foundation, and 'End Polio Now' Campaign. We are committed to supporting local and other charities supported by Rotary.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 5 PlayStation, iPad and pottery classes bought with NHS budget
- 6 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 7 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 10 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready