Diss WI celebrates 90th anniversary
The Diss branch of the Women's Institute celebrated its 90th birthday on May 19.
A celebratory dinner was held and a special cake was cut for the anniversary, which was overseen by branch president Jean Sudron with guests from federation office.
The party spirit was helped along by an entertaining magician moving around the tables with tricks and laughter.
The cake was made by long running members Hilda Corbitt and Ann Flynn, a member for 50 years.
A montage of photos collected over the years was on display dating back as far as 1941.
You may also want to watch:
The Diss WI's speaker for the monthly meeting was Ceri Sudron a highly qualified and experienced paramedic for 12 years.
Branch meetings are held at Diss Methodist Church Hall on the first Tuesday of each month starting at 7.30pm.
- 1 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 7 New PCC - I will lobby home secretary to crackdown on police abusers
- 8 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 9 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 10 Lorry driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving on A140