Diss WI celebrates 90th anniversary
The Diss branch of the Women's Institute celebrated its 90th birthday on May 19.
A celebratory dinner was held and a special cake was cut for the anniversary, which was overseen by branch president Jean Sudron with guests from federation office.
The party spirit was helped along by an entertaining magician moving around the tables with tricks and laughter.
The cake was made by long running members Hilda Corbitt and Ann Flynn, a member for 50 years.
A montage of photos collected over the years was on display dating back as far as 1941.
You may also want to watch:
The Diss WI's speaker for the monthly meeting was Ceri Sudron a highly qualified and experienced paramedic for 12 years.
Branch meetings are held at Diss Methodist Church Hall on the first Tuesday of each month starting at 7.30pm.
- 1 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 2 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 3 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 4 Council leader calls for 'zero tolerance' on abuse after MP's death
- 5 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 6 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 7 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 8 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 9 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 10 Parish council chair says he'll stop development trucks