Diss WI celebrates 90th anniversary
The Diss branch of the Women's Institute celebrated its 90th birthday on May 19.
A celebratory dinner was held and a special cake was cut for the anniversary, which was overseen by branch president Jean Sudron with guests from federation office.
The party spirit was helped along by an entertaining magician moving around the tables with tricks and laughter.
The cake was made by long running members Hilda Corbitt and Ann Flynn, a member for 50 years.
A montage of photos collected over the years was on display dating back as far as 1941.
You may also want to watch:
The Diss WI's speaker for the monthly meeting was Ceri Sudron a highly qualified and experienced paramedic for 12 years.
Branch meetings are held at Diss Methodist Church Hall on the first Tuesday of each month starting at 7.30pm.
- 1 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 2 Broadband firm pledges 'Herculean effort' in hyperfast roll-out
- 3 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 6 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 7 Stunning images reveal 'tree roots' of Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 9 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
- 10 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office