Diss young farmers raise �8,000 for EACH
Members of Diss Young Farmers have topped off an impressive year of fundraising by donating almost �8,000 to East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH).
The group have raised �7,857.91 by organising a St Patrick's Day Social in March and taking on the Three Peaks Challenge, which saw 15 members scale the highest mountains in Scotland England and Wales within 24 hours.
Their efforts were also recognised at the Norfolk Young Farmers Rally, held at the Norfolk Showground, where the group was presented with the Charity Cup for Norfolk.
Laurence Brown, charity co-ordinator of the group, said: 'EACH is a charity that is very local to Diss and lots of members of the group feel very strongly about it.
'We came along to an open day at the Quidenham Hospice and seeing how much it takes to keep the charity running, we decided that we needed to contribute.'
You may also want to watch:
Claire LeLievre, Norfolk fundraiser for EACH said: 'It is an incredible achievement for them to have completed the Three Peaks Challenge in under 24 hours and the amount of money they have raised is just incredible.
'The money raised will go towards helping local life-threatened children and their families.'
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 5 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 6 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 7 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 8 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 9 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 10 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'