Diss youngsters on song to raise money for EACH
Youngsters from a singing group have raised more than �80 for East Anglia's Children's Hospices following a charity sing-song.
Seventeen young people from SingStart sang by the side of Diss Mere last month while their parents collected donations for the charity.
The group brands itself as 'South Norfolk's very own after-school Glee Club' and meets in both East Harling and Diss on a weekly basis.
Lydia Pearce, leader of the group, said: 'I wanted to fundraise for EACH as I felt that as a children's club it was important for the children in SingStart to be given an opportunity to help children who aren't as fortunate as themselves. We are very keen to support local charities, and with Quidenham just down the road, it seemed the perfect charity to support.'
The collection raised �80.46 which will help support families and care for young people with life-threatening conditions across Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire and Essex.
You may also want to watch:
Claire LeLievre, Norfolk fundraiser for EACH, said: 'We are so pleased that Lydia and the children from SingStart have been fundraising to support the work of the children's hospices. It's lovely that children want to do something that benefits other children.'
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 3 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 4 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 5 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 8 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 9 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 10 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'