Drink driver smashed into wall at school bus stop
- Credit: Suffolk Police
A motorist is facing a lengthy ban from behind the wheel after being arrested on suspicion of drink driving when their car collided with a brick wall where children catch the school bus.
The driver failed a roadside breath test and admitted to police they had been drinking heavily the night before following the crash at Yaxley, near Eye, on May 10.
The car was written off and another damaged in the early morning incident, and the wall by the road in the village was damaged.
A spokesman for Suffolk Police said: "Luckily, there were no injuries, but this happened where school children congregate to wait for their school bus each morning.
"Had the accident happened an hour later than it did, then a number of school children would have been in the immediate vicinity."
You may also want to watch:
In a seperate incident on the same day police also arrested a driver on suspicion of drug driving in Eye.
- 1 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 2 Diss war hero reaches final 10 in Brave Briton Awards
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 5 Primary and secondary schools join forces under new leadership
- 6 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021
- 7 New Covid variants may require jabs for children, UEA experts warn
- 8 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 9 Last chance to recognise our social care heroes at the Norfolk Care Awards 2021
- 10 Ron and Norma share their secret to 60 years of marriage