Drink driver smashed into wall at school bus stop
- Credit: Suffolk Police
A motorist is facing a lengthy ban from behind the wheel after being arrested on suspicion of drink driving when their car collided with a brick wall where children catch the school bus.
The driver failed a roadside breath test and admitted to police they had been drinking heavily the night before following the crash at Yaxley, near Eye, on May 10.
The car was written off and another damaged in the early morning incident, and the wall by the road in the village was damaged.
A spokesman for Suffolk Police said: "Luckily, there were no injuries, but this happened where school children congregate to wait for their school bus each morning.
"Had the accident happened an hour later than it did, then a number of school children would have been in the immediate vicinity."
You may also want to watch:
In a seperate incident on the same day police also arrested a driver on suspicion of drug driving in Eye.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 5 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 6 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 7 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"