Drink driver smashed into wall at school bus stop
- Credit: Suffolk Police
A motorist is facing a lengthy ban from behind the wheel after being arrested on suspicion of drink driving when their car collided with a brick wall where children catch the school bus.
The driver failed a roadside breath test and admitted to police they had been drinking heavily the night before following the crash at Yaxley, near Eye, on May 10.
The car was written off and another damaged in the early morning incident, and the wall by the road in the village was damaged.
A spokesman for Suffolk Police said: "Luckily, there were no injuries, but this happened where school children congregate to wait for their school bus each morning.
"Had the accident happened an hour later than it did, then a number of school children would have been in the immediate vicinity."
You may also want to watch:
In a seperate incident on the same day police also arrested a driver on suspicion of drug driving in Eye.
- 1 Designer clothes, shoes and accessories worth £12k stolen in break-in
- 2 Phil and Jill still going strong after 74 years together
- 3 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 4 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave
- 5 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 6 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
- 8 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 9 Pubs and shops open on Monday: what can I do when restrictions are eased?
- 10 Residents asked to leave sheltered housing with building's future in limbo