Search

Drinkers cleared after pub blaze

PUBLISHED: 10:30 04 March 2008 | UPDATED: 11:18 28 May 2010

DRINKERS were evacuated from the Hoxne Swan pub last night after its chimney caught fire.

The alarm was raised at about 10pm by landlord David Rye, and everybody present was evacuated from the premises.

DRINKERS were evacuated from the Hoxne Swan pub last night after its chimney caught fire.

The alarm was raised at about 10pm by landlord David Rye, and everybody present was evacuated from the premises. Patrons at the time did all they could do to help the situation before the emergency services arrived.

The chimney was bellowing out flames high into the night sky, but the fire brigade arrived within minutes. The Grade II listed property suffered some minor chimney damage.

The fire was in the inglenook in the main bar and caused a mess with soot which had to be cleared up. However the pub is open as normal today.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Diss Mercury. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Most Read

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Most Read

Latest from the Diss Mercury