Primary school to welcome new headteacher
- Credit: Archant
A south Norfolk primary school is set to welcome a new headteacher.
The board of St Benet’s Multi Academy Trust has appointed Hannah Holgate as the new head at Harleston Primary Academy, where Mary Foreman has been interim headteacher since January.
She is currently vice principal at Cobholm Primary Academy and previously worked as head of English at Coltishall Primary.
Following a selection process carried out via video conferencing, trustees were unanimous in their decision to appoint Ms Holgate, who will start her new role on Monday, November 2.
She said: “It is an honour and a privilege to be appointed and I cannot wait to meet all of the fabulous students and staff who make up our school family.
You may also want to watch:
“I am thrilled to be leading Harleston Primary Academy into the next chapter, building on the great work that is already in place.
“Despite the difficult times we are in, I believe that it is an exciting time for schools.”
- 1 Tree falls on rail line as winds up to 69mph hit Norfolk
- 2 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 3 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 4 Harleston funeral service celebrates 10th anniversary
- 5 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 6 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 7 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 8 Revenue tops £710m at specialist tech company
- 9 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 10 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines