Snow sees 350 schools forced to close
- Credit: Archant
Snow and ice has seen 350 schools across Norfolk closed to all pupils.
Families have been urged to make alternative arrangements with schools, colleges and nurseries all shut following snow falls and overnight sub-zero temperatures that have left roads dangerous.
Norfolk County Council said 349 of the county’s 422 schools were closed on Monday morning.
Most schools have reported they have closed due to the adverse weather conditions making travel conditions challenging.
Others said they had insufficient staff to safely open.
With most pupils currently learning from home due to the school closures resulting from the pandemic the impact is not as great as it would otherwise have been.
However vulnerable children and children of key workers that have been continuing to attend classes have been told to stay at home rather than travelling to those affected schools.
To see a full list of affected schools visit Norfolk County Council emergency school closures
- 1 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 3 Bishop gives blessing to project helping pupils recover after pandemic
- 4 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 5 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 6 Next recalls nightdresses amid fire hazard worries
- 7 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 8 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 9 Victorian rectory in 5.5 acres for sale for £1.35m
- 10 Almost a million Covid jabs given out in Norfolk and Waveney