Elderly man crashes into two cars, tries to steal another, then runs away in Roydon near Diss
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
An elderly man failed to stop after two collisions and then attempted to steal a car before running off on foot.
The man, described to be wearing an old sheepskin leather jacket and jeans, failed to stop after two collisions in South Norfolk yesterday.
At around 3.25pm, the driver of a blue Fiat Punto failed to stop after crashing into a blue Audi A3 on High Road, in Roydon, near to the school.
After fleeing the scene he was involved in another collision just seven minutes later, at 3.32pm on the A1066 at the junction of School Road.
He then attempted to steal a car which was directly behind the collision he had caused.
You may also want to watch:
After failing to start the car, he ran off on foot in the direction of the Chequers Inn pub.
A police spokesman said after making extensive searches, including dog and drone units, the man could not be found.
- 1 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 4 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 9 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
He is described as a white elderly man with short hair wearing an old sheepskin leather jacket and jeans.
Police are appealing to anyone who may have witnessed the collision or has any information about the man involved.
If you have seen someone matching this description in the area around the time of the incident or have any dash cam footage, contact PC Karoline Borralho at Diss police station on 101.