Elderly man crashes into two cars, tries to steal another, then runs away in Roydon near Diss
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
An elderly man failed to stop after two collisions and then attempted to steal a car before running off on foot.
The man, described to be wearing an old sheepskin leather jacket and jeans, failed to stop after two collisions in South Norfolk yesterday.
At around 3.25pm, the driver of a blue Fiat Punto failed to stop after crashing into a blue Audi A3 on High Road, in Roydon, near to the school.
After fleeing the scene he was involved in another collision just seven minutes later, at 3.32pm on the A1066 at the junction of School Road.
He then attempted to steal a car which was directly behind the collision he had caused.
You may also want to watch:
After failing to start the car, he ran off on foot in the direction of the Chequers Inn pub.
A police spokesman said after making extensive searches, including dog and drone units, the man could not be found.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 3 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 4 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 More than 100,000 young people have had Covid jab in Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 8 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 9 Primary and secondary schools join forces under new leadership
- 10 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
He is described as a white elderly man with short hair wearing an old sheepskin leather jacket and jeans.
Police are appealing to anyone who may have witnessed the collision or has any information about the man involved.
If you have seen someone matching this description in the area around the time of the incident or have any dash cam footage, contact PC Karoline Borralho at Diss police station on 101.