Elderly woman killed in accident
Matthew SparkesAn elderly woman was killed yesterday afternoon in a crash on Diss Road in Garboldisham.Two cars were involved in the accident which took place at about 3pm.Matthew Sparkes
A 76-year-old woman was killed yesterday afternoon in a car crash on Diss Road in Garboldisham.
Three cars were involved in the accident which took place at 3pm, about 650 metres from the junction of Harrow Lane.
A red Volvo collided head-on with a grey Peugeot 307 estate, and a red Ford Transit van was damaged after swerving to avoid them.
Fire crews from East Harling and Thetford arrived on the scene to free a man and a woman who were trapped in the wreckage.
You may also want to watch:
The male driver of the Peugeot suffered chest injuries and a female passenger in the vehicle suffered an arm injury.
Both were taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
- 1 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 4 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 5 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 6 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 7 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 8 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 9 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 10 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
Their injuries are not considered life-threatening, but the elderly woman who was driving the Volvo was pronounced dead at the scene.
The A1066 was closed by police but was reopened later in the evening.
Police are appealing for witnesses to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 0845 456 4567.