Elderly woman killed in accident
Matthew SparkesAn elderly woman was killed yesterday afternoon in a crash on Diss Road in Garboldisham.Two cars were involved in the accident which took place at about 3pm.Matthew Sparkes
A 76-year-old woman was killed yesterday afternoon in a car crash on Diss Road in Garboldisham.
Three cars were involved in the accident which took place at 3pm, about 650 metres from the junction of Harrow Lane.
A red Volvo collided head-on with a grey Peugeot 307 estate, and a red Ford Transit van was damaged after swerving to avoid them.
Fire crews from East Harling and Thetford arrived on the scene to free a man and a woman who were trapped in the wreckage.
You may also want to watch:
The male driver of the Peugeot suffered chest injuries and a female passenger in the vehicle suffered an arm injury.
Both were taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 4 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 5 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 6 Appeal to find 27-year-old wanted on recall to prison
- 7 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 8 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 9 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 10 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
Their injuries are not considered life-threatening, but the elderly woman who was driving the Volvo was pronounced dead at the scene.
The A1066 was closed by police but was reopened later in the evening.
Police are appealing for witnesses to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 0845 456 4567.