Elderly woman killed in accident
Matthew SparkesAn elderly woman was killed yesterday afternoon in a crash on Diss Road in Garboldisham.Two cars were involved in the accident which took place at about 3pm.Matthew Sparkes
A 76-year-old woman was killed yesterday afternoon in a car crash on Diss Road in Garboldisham.
Three cars were involved in the accident which took place at 3pm, about 650 metres from the junction of Harrow Lane.
A red Volvo collided head-on with a grey Peugeot 307 estate, and a red Ford Transit van was damaged after swerving to avoid them.
Fire crews from East Harling and Thetford arrived on the scene to free a man and a woman who were trapped in the wreckage.
You may also want to watch:
The male driver of the Peugeot suffered chest injuries and a female passenger in the vehicle suffered an arm injury.
Both were taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
- 1 Welcome to our new website
- 2 £60 fine for resident who drove six miles to dump household rubbish in public bin
- 3 A1066 clear following earlier breakdown
- 4 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 5 Norfolk coronavirus infection rates fall further
- 6 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 7 Car carrying five people crashes into ditch
- 8 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 9 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?
- 10 Call for government to listen to Norfolk over Tier 1 move
Their injuries are not considered life-threatening, but the elderly woman who was driving the Volvo was pronounced dead at the scene.
The A1066 was closed by police but was reopened later in the evening.
Police are appealing for witnesses to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 0845 456 4567.