Elderly woman killed in accident
Matthew SparkesAn elderly woman was killed yesterday afternoon in a crash on Diss Road in Garboldisham.Two cars were involved in the accident which took place at about 3pm.Matthew Sparkes
A 76-year-old woman was killed yesterday afternoon in a car crash on Diss Road in Garboldisham.
Three cars were involved in the accident which took place at 3pm, about 650 metres from the junction of Harrow Lane.
A red Volvo collided head-on with a grey Peugeot 307 estate, and a red Ford Transit van was damaged after swerving to avoid them.
Fire crews from East Harling and Thetford arrived on the scene to free a man and a woman who were trapped in the wreckage.
You may also want to watch:
The male driver of the Peugeot suffered chest injuries and a female passenger in the vehicle suffered an arm injury.
Both were taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
- 1 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
- 2 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 6 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 7 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 8 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 10 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
Their injuries are not considered life-threatening, but the elderly woman who was driving the Volvo was pronounced dead at the scene.
The A1066 was closed by police but was reopened later in the evening.
Police are appealing for witnesses to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 0845 456 4567.