Elderly woman killed in accident
Matthew SparkesAn elderly woman was killed yesterday afternoon in a crash on Diss Road in Garboldisham.Two cars were involved in the accident which took place at about 3pm.Matthew Sparkes
A 76-year-old woman was killed yesterday afternoon in a car crash on Diss Road in Garboldisham.
Three cars were involved in the accident which took place at 3pm, about 650 metres from the junction of Harrow Lane.
A red Volvo collided head-on with a grey Peugeot 307 estate, and a red Ford Transit van was damaged after swerving to avoid them.
Fire crews from East Harling and Thetford arrived on the scene to free a man and a woman who were trapped in the wreckage.
You may also want to watch:
The male driver of the Peugeot suffered chest injuries and a female passenger in the vehicle suffered an arm injury.
Both were taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
- 1 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 2 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 3 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 4 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 5 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 6 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 7 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 8 Norfolk Indian Society's Covid crisis appeal
- 9 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 10 New EAAA contract covers 24/7 flying and advanced helicopters
Their injuries are not considered life-threatening, but the elderly woman who was driving the Volvo was pronounced dead at the scene.
The A1066 was closed by police but was reopened later in the evening.
Police are appealing for witnesses to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 0845 456 4567.