Snetterton brewery wins bottled beer of the year
- Credit: Archant
A brewery based in Snetterton has received the Champion Bottled Beer of Norfolk 2020 award from the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA).
Terra Firma, a strong Barley Wine brewed by Elmtree Brewery, has received the award after going up against 49 beers from brewers across the county.
Judges described the 7.8pc beer as 'rich, well balanced and complex with a dark fruit base' and was given the accolade after a yearlong series of tastings by the taste panel.
Panel chair, Alan Edwards, said: "The purpose of the competition is to promote awareness of this option and enable drinkers to seek out the quality beers available.
"We have some excellent breweries in the county and it is certainly worthwhile seeking out their beers."
You may also want to watch:
The runner up was Lignum Vitae, a strong IPA type bitter brewed by the Grain Brewery from Alburgh.
Elmtree also claimed third place with their porter, Winter Solstice, brewed with added vanilla and cinnamon.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 5 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 6 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"