Snetterton brewery wins bottled beer of the year
- Credit: Archant
A brewery based in Snetterton has received the Champion Bottled Beer of Norfolk 2020 award from the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA).
Terra Firma, a strong Barley Wine brewed by Elmtree Brewery, has received the award after going up against 49 beers from brewers across the county.
Judges described the 7.8pc beer as 'rich, well balanced and complex with a dark fruit base' and was given the accolade after a yearlong series of tastings by the taste panel.
Panel chair, Alan Edwards, said: "The purpose of the competition is to promote awareness of this option and enable drinkers to seek out the quality beers available.
"We have some excellent breweries in the county and it is certainly worthwhile seeking out their beers."
You may also want to watch:
The runner up was Lignum Vitae, a strong IPA type bitter brewed by the Grain Brewery from Alburgh.
Elmtree also claimed third place with their porter, Winter Solstice, brewed with added vanilla and cinnamon.
- 1 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 2 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 3 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 4 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 5 Pubs and shops to open on Monday: what else can I do when restrictions are eased?
- 6 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
- 7 Prince Charles says royal family are 'deeply grateful' for public support following Prince Philip death
- 8 Why will secondary pupils still have to wear face masks after Easter?
- 9 Still time to have your say on town's future as bypass plans go in
- 10 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage