Snetterton brewery wins bottled beer of the year
- Credit: Archant
A brewery based in Snetterton has received the Champion Bottled Beer of Norfolk 2020 award from the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA).
Terra Firma, a strong Barley Wine brewed by Elmtree Brewery, has received the award after going up against 49 beers from brewers across the county.
Judges described the 7.8pc beer as 'rich, well balanced and complex with a dark fruit base' and was given the accolade after a yearlong series of tastings by the taste panel.
Panel chair, Alan Edwards, said: "The purpose of the competition is to promote awareness of this option and enable drinkers to seek out the quality beers available.
"We have some excellent breweries in the county and it is certainly worthwhile seeking out their beers."
You may also want to watch:
The runner up was Lignum Vitae, a strong IPA type bitter brewed by the Grain Brewery from Alburgh.
Elmtree also claimed third place with their porter, Winter Solstice, brewed with added vanilla and cinnamon.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 3 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 4 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 5 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 6 Revealed: 11 more coronavirus vaccination centres set to open
- 7 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 8 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 9 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland