Snetterton brewery wins bottled beer of the year
- Credit: Archant
A brewery based in Snetterton has received the Champion Bottled Beer of Norfolk 2020 award from the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA).
Terra Firma, a strong Barley Wine brewed by Elmtree Brewery, has received the award after going up against 49 beers from brewers across the county.
Judges described the 7.8pc beer as 'rich, well balanced and complex with a dark fruit base' and was given the accolade after a yearlong series of tastings by the taste panel.
Panel chair, Alan Edwards, said: "The purpose of the competition is to promote awareness of this option and enable drinkers to seek out the quality beers available.
"We have some excellent breweries in the county and it is certainly worthwhile seeking out their beers."
You may also want to watch:
The runner up was Lignum Vitae, a strong IPA type bitter brewed by the Grain Brewery from Alburgh.
Elmtree also claimed third place with their porter, Winter Solstice, brewed with added vanilla and cinnamon.
- 1 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 2 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 3 Rough sleepers' plea to be 'kept inside' as council secures £635k funding
- 4 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 5 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 6 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 7 Car carrying five people crashes into ditch
- 8 Illegal puppy farm warning as one in ten plan to buy dog for Christmas
- 9 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 10 ‘Completely trollied’ carer drove while almost five times limit – twice