Snetterton brewery wins bottled beer of the year
- Credit: Archant
A brewery based in Snetterton has received the Champion Bottled Beer of Norfolk 2020 award from the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA).
Terra Firma, a strong Barley Wine brewed by Elmtree Brewery, has received the award after going up against 49 beers from brewers across the county.
Judges described the 7.8pc beer as 'rich, well balanced and complex with a dark fruit base' and was given the accolade after a yearlong series of tastings by the taste panel.
Panel chair, Alan Edwards, said: "The purpose of the competition is to promote awareness of this option and enable drinkers to seek out the quality beers available.
"We have some excellent breweries in the county and it is certainly worthwhile seeking out their beers."
You may also want to watch:
The runner up was Lignum Vitae, a strong IPA type bitter brewed by the Grain Brewery from Alburgh.
Elmtree also claimed third place with their porter, Winter Solstice, brewed with added vanilla and cinnamon.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 3 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 4 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 5 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 8 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021
- 9 Villagers gather for unveiling of play area after £45k fundraiser
- 10 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'