Entries open for Bunwell Santa Fun Run
A small south Norfolk village's population will be boosted once again by the addition of 500 running Santas.
The annual Bunwell Santa Fun Run will take place on December 5 with the aim of raising thousands of pounds for local charities and community groups.
Participants of all ages and abilities are invited to take part in a 5km or 3km run – all dressed as the festive season's favourite jolly character.
Registered runners will receive a free Santa suit and commemorative medal. International athlete Paul Evans will be given the honour of starting this year's fun run.
Nigel Seaward, chairman of Bunwell Strollers who organise the charitable event, said: 'The response of so many local people has been tremendous. This is another example of our renowned community spirit and how we are working with other communities and partners in arranging events for worthy causes, thus ensuring our community stays firmly on the map.
'I would like to thank many local people who have come togther to organise the event and we are extremely grateful to sponsor Frank Dale Foods for their continued support.'
Entry costs �10 per adult or �5 for children aged five to 12.
- 1 Man in court over hundreds of indecent images of children
- 2 Church school becomes latest to join growing academy trust
- 3 Meet Norfolk's own Karate Kid - who hopes to compete on world stage
- 4 50-mile diversion in place as A140 set to close to repair damaged road
- 5 Nissen hut conversion approved despite holiday home noise concerns
- 6 Overcrowding fears sees council oppose town's affordable housing plans
- 7 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and two meteor showers
- 8 Fresh plans for controversial waste plant revealed
- 9 Rare 19th century painting found in Norfolk home sells for £160k
- 10 Town puts on a show for the Armed Forces
For more information, call Nigel Seward on 01953 789909 or visit www.bunwellstrollers.co.uk