Entries open for Bunwell Santa Fun Run
A small south Norfolk village's population will be boosted once again by the addition of 500 running Santas.
The annual Bunwell Santa Fun Run will take place on December 5 with the aim of raising thousands of pounds for local charities and community groups.
Participants of all ages and abilities are invited to take part in a 5km or 3km run – all dressed as the festive season's favourite jolly character.
Registered runners will receive a free Santa suit and commemorative medal. International athlete Paul Evans will be given the honour of starting this year's fun run.
Nigel Seaward, chairman of Bunwell Strollers who organise the charitable event, said: 'The response of so many local people has been tremendous. This is another example of our renowned community spirit and how we are working with other communities and partners in arranging events for worthy causes, thus ensuring our community stays firmly on the map.
'I would like to thank many local people who have come togther to organise the event and we are extremely grateful to sponsor Frank Dale Foods for their continued support.'
Entry costs �10 per adult or �5 for children aged five to 12.
- 1 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 2 Woman accused of stealing £11k of printer ink across East Anglia
- 3 Baby murder accused 'didn't say much' after life support withdrawn
- 4 Man who may pose risk to children could be in Norfolk or Suffolk
- 5 Man could stand trial after motorcyclist death in B1113 crash
- 6 Spanish street food business gets residency at Norfolk pub
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 Biogas plan in south Norfolk village leads to road safety fears
- 9 Disruptions likely after warnings of dense fog set to last two days
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
For more information, call Nigel Seward on 01953 789909 or visit www.bunwellstrollers.co.uk