Entries open for Bunwell Santa Fun Run
A small south Norfolk village's population will be boosted once again by the addition of 500 running Santas.
The annual Bunwell Santa Fun Run will take place on December 5 with the aim of raising thousands of pounds for local charities and community groups.
Participants of all ages and abilities are invited to take part in a 5km or 3km run – all dressed as the festive season's favourite jolly character.
Registered runners will receive a free Santa suit and commemorative medal. International athlete Paul Evans will be given the honour of starting this year's fun run.
Nigel Seaward, chairman of Bunwell Strollers who organise the charitable event, said: 'The response of so many local people has been tremendous. This is another example of our renowned community spirit and how we are working with other communities and partners in arranging events for worthy causes, thus ensuring our community stays firmly on the map.
You may also want to watch:
'I would like to thank many local people who have come togther to organise the event and we are extremely grateful to sponsor Frank Dale Foods for their continued support.'
Entry costs �10 per adult or �5 for children aged five to 12.
- 1 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 2 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 3 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 4 Consultation launched on plans to merge primary and secondary schools
- 5 Heartbroken parents’ appeal over final 13 hours before son’s death
- 6 Mum and son,10, running 5k every week for homelessness charity
- 7 Town mayor officially welcomed in with civic ceremony
- 8 Tractor fire leads to barn blaze
- 9 Police stop 51 drivers in day of action
- 10 Man could face jail over crash which killed woman, 75, court hears
For more information, call Nigel Seward on 01953 789909 or visit www.bunwellstrollers.co.uk