Care home invites carers to new support group
- Credit: UK Care
A care home in Eye is welcoming new carers to its monthly support group designed to help local people caring for an older loved one.
Hartismere Place, on Castleton Way, is hosting new support group on the last Thursday of each month, from 2pm-4pm, with members of the local community invited.
Carers will be able to enjoy a chat over coffee and cake with likeminded people, while their loved ones make the most of a range of activities.
Locals will also get the chance to hear from Karen, from Suffolk Carers Matter, who can offer advice and guidance, and Jan, who is a dementia champion.
Home manager Abhilash Gopi said: "We believe that no carer should feel that they are alone, so we're looking forward to welcoming some new faces for a chat over a cup of tea and slice of cake."
You may also want to watch:
Hartismere Place also runs a day club, which offers older people living independently in the community the chance to make new friends and take part in activities.
For more information visit careuk.com/hartismere-place
- 1 Steam trains to run at night with illuminations this Christmas
- 2 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 3 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 4 Police chief urges people to be sensible this Halloween
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 7 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 8 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 9 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"