Care home invites carers to new support group
- Credit: UK Care
A care home in Eye is welcoming new carers to its monthly support group designed to help local people caring for an older loved one.
Hartismere Place, on Castleton Way, is hosting new support group on the last Thursday of each month, from 2pm-4pm, with members of the local community invited.
Carers will be able to enjoy a chat over coffee and cake with likeminded people, while their loved ones make the most of a range of activities.
Locals will also get the chance to hear from Karen, from Suffolk Carers Matter, who can offer advice and guidance, and Jan, who is a dementia champion.
Home manager Abhilash Gopi said: "We believe that no carer should feel that they are alone, so we're looking forward to welcoming some new faces for a chat over a cup of tea and slice of cake."
You may also want to watch:
Hartismere Place also runs a day club, which offers older people living independently in the community the chance to make new friends and take part in activities.
For more information visit careuk.com/hartismere-place
- 1 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 2 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 3 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 4 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 5 Primary and secondary schools join forces under new leadership
- 6 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 7 New Covid variants may require jabs for children, UEA experts warn
- 8 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021
- 9 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 10 Diss war hero reaches final 10 in Brave Briton Awards