Care home invites carers to new support group
- Credit: UK Care
A care home in Eye is welcoming new carers to its monthly support group designed to help local people caring for an older loved one.
Hartismere Place, on Castleton Way, is hosting new support group on the last Thursday of each month, from 2pm-4pm, with members of the local community invited.
Carers will be able to enjoy a chat over coffee and cake with likeminded people, while their loved ones make the most of a range of activities.
Locals will also get the chance to hear from Karen, from Suffolk Carers Matter, who can offer advice and guidance, and Jan, who is a dementia champion.
Home manager Abhilash Gopi said: "We believe that no carer should feel that they are alone, so we're looking forward to welcoming some new faces for a chat over a cup of tea and slice of cake."
You may also want to watch:
Hartismere Place also runs a day club, which offers older people living independently in the community the chance to make new friends and take part in activities.
For more information visit careuk.com/hartismere-place
- 1 Norfolk teacher in national campaign for switching careers
- 2 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 3 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 4 Landowners under pressure to stop repeat of floods
- 5 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 6 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 7 Woman who sold stolen goods on eBay researched shoplifting online
- 8 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 9 'We don't want to close': Farm shop makes plea for support during lockdown
- 10 Firefighters tackle Yaxley workshop blaze