Farmers' Market launches town food day
THE monthly Diss Farmers' Market on Saturday, July 12, will include the launch of Taste of Diss, the town's first festival of local food.The market will be extended until 2pm with the usual stalls.
THE monthly Diss Farmers' Market on Saturday, July 12, will include the launch of Taste of Diss, the town's first festival of local food.
The market will be extended until 2pm with the usual stalls.
During the morning there will be two comedy street theatre acts, the Fairly Fresh Fish Company - whose offerings aren't quite what they appear to be - and the Diss Food Inspectors who will check visitors' green credentials.
There will be music from Rough at the Edges.
Visitors can buy tickets for the balloon race and the prize will be a family ticket for four for Banham Zoo.
There will be a final chance to enter the Taste of Diss cookery competition.
- 1 Café completely sells out on first week of launching Sunday roasts
- 2 Country park to host jubilee picnic with street food, Pimm's and cream teas
- 3 Three Suffolk pubs join forces for Jubilee weekend beer festival
- 4 Diss mayor hopes to see town 'prosper' following re-election
- 5 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 8 Electric aircraft to take to the skies over Norfolk
- 9 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
Between noon and 12.30pm there will be a fancy dress parade for children. Children are invited to come dressed as a fruit or vegetable and all who do so will get a bag of prizes. They will be part of the opening ceremony with a song they will be taught at the time.
At 1pm will be the official opening of the festival by the Mayor of Diss, Simon Olander, and the deputy mayor, Jane Trippett-Jones, which will include the mass launch of the balloons.