Farmers' Market launches town food day
THE monthly Diss Farmers' Market on Saturday, July 12, will include the launch of Taste of Diss, the town's first festival of local food.The market will be extended until 2pm with the usual stalls.
THE monthly Diss Farmers' Market on Saturday, July 12, will include the launch of Taste of Diss, the town's first festival of local food.
The market will be extended until 2pm with the usual stalls.
During the morning there will be two comedy street theatre acts, the Fairly Fresh Fish Company - whose offerings aren't quite what they appear to be - and the Diss Food Inspectors who will check visitors' green credentials.
There will be music from Rough at the Edges.
You may also want to watch:
Visitors can buy tickets for the balloon race and the prize will be a family ticket for four for Banham Zoo.
There will be a final chance to enter the Taste of Diss cookery competition.
- 1 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 4 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 5 Appeal to find 27-year-old wanted on recall to prison
- 6 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 7 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 8 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 9 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 10 Air ambulance to fly with 'vital' life saving blood every mission
Between noon and 12.30pm there will be a fancy dress parade for children. Children are invited to come dressed as a fruit or vegetable and all who do so will get a bag of prizes. They will be part of the opening ceremony with a song they will be taught at the time.
At 1pm will be the official opening of the festival by the Mayor of Diss, Simon Olander, and the deputy mayor, Jane Trippett-Jones, which will include the mass launch of the balloons.