Farmers' Market launches town food day
THE monthly Diss Farmers' Market on Saturday, July 12, will include the launch of Taste of Diss, the town's first festival of local food.The market will be extended until 2pm with the usual stalls.
THE monthly Diss Farmers' Market on Saturday, July 12, will include the launch of Taste of Diss, the town's first festival of local food.
The market will be extended until 2pm with the usual stalls.
During the morning there will be two comedy street theatre acts, the Fairly Fresh Fish Company - whose offerings aren't quite what they appear to be - and the Diss Food Inspectors who will check visitors' green credentials.
There will be music from Rough at the Edges.
You may also want to watch:
Visitors can buy tickets for the balloon race and the prize will be a family ticket for four for Banham Zoo.
There will be a final chance to enter the Taste of Diss cookery competition.
- 1 Designer clothes, shoes and accessories worth £12k stolen in break-in
- 2 Phil and Jill still going strong after 74 years together
- 3 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 4 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 5 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
- 7 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 8 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage
- 9 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 10 Pubs and shops open on Monday: what can I do when restrictions are eased?
Between noon and 12.30pm there will be a fancy dress parade for children. Children are invited to come dressed as a fruit or vegetable and all who do so will get a bag of prizes. They will be part of the opening ceremony with a song they will be taught at the time.
At 1pm will be the official opening of the festival by the Mayor of Diss, Simon Olander, and the deputy mayor, Jane Trippett-Jones, which will include the mass launch of the balloons.