Fatal crash on A140 at Mendlesham
The driver of a truck was killed after his vehicle collided with a hedge on the A140.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the fatal road accident which took place at Mendlesham yesterday.
At about 5.20pm, a white Mercedes Sprinter truck, with an open back, left the road and hit a hedge.
Fire appliances from Eye and Debenham, as well as a rescue tender from Stowmarket and an enhanced rescue tender from Princes Street, were called to the scene where they removed the male driver from the vehicle.
The man, who is yet to be identified, was taken to Ipswich Hospital but was pronounced dead a short time later.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information concerning the collision should contact PC Andrew Fossey at Suffolk Police's Serious Collision Investigation Team on 01473 613500.
- 1 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
- 2 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 6 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 7 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 8 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 10 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes