Fatal crash on A140 at Mendlesham
The driver of a truck was killed after his vehicle collided with a hedge on the A140.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the fatal road accident which took place at Mendlesham yesterday.
At about 5.20pm, a white Mercedes Sprinter truck, with an open back, left the road and hit a hedge.
Fire appliances from Eye and Debenham, as well as a rescue tender from Stowmarket and an enhanced rescue tender from Princes Street, were called to the scene where they removed the male driver from the vehicle.
The man, who is yet to be identified, was taken to Ipswich Hospital but was pronounced dead a short time later.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information concerning the collision should contact PC Andrew Fossey at Suffolk Police's Serious Collision Investigation Team on 01473 613500.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Want to work on a supercar? Lotus is hiring 200 staff
- 3 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 Are we on the verge of a post-Covid mental health crisis?
- 6 Mental health boss cleared of lying during inquest
- 7 Ex-battery hens in need of free-range retirement homes
- 8 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 9 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 10 Teens aged 16-17 years old will be allowed vaccine before new school term