Fatal crash on A140 at Mendlesham
The driver of a truck was killed after his vehicle collided with a hedge on the A140.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the fatal road accident which took place at Mendlesham yesterday.
At about 5.20pm, a white Mercedes Sprinter truck, with an open back, left the road and hit a hedge.
Fire appliances from Eye and Debenham, as well as a rescue tender from Stowmarket and an enhanced rescue tender from Princes Street, were called to the scene where they removed the male driver from the vehicle.
The man, who is yet to be identified, was taken to Ipswich Hospital but was pronounced dead a short time later.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information concerning the collision should contact PC Andrew Fossey at Suffolk Police's Serious Collision Investigation Team on 01473 613500.
- 1 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 2 Victorian rectory in 5.5 acres for sale for £1.35m
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 No Norfolk Covid-19 deaths recorded for first week since September
- 5 Search for Norfolk neighbours to take on Suffolk in food waste fight
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 7 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 8 Mapped: How will the electoral changes impact you?
- 9 Buses converted into Covid testing units ahead of expected third wave
- 10 'Honour of my life' - Former crime commissioner reflects on time in role