Fatal crash on A140 at Mendlesham
The driver of a truck was killed after his vehicle collided with a hedge on the A140.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the fatal road accident which took place at Mendlesham yesterday.
At about 5.20pm, a white Mercedes Sprinter truck, with an open back, left the road and hit a hedge.
Fire appliances from Eye and Debenham, as well as a rescue tender from Stowmarket and an enhanced rescue tender from Princes Street, were called to the scene where they removed the male driver from the vehicle.
The man, who is yet to be identified, was taken to Ipswich Hospital but was pronounced dead a short time later.
Anyone with information concerning the collision should contact PC Andrew Fossey at Suffolk Police's Serious Collision Investigation Team on 01473 613500.
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village
- 3 Approval granted for 69 new homes in Suffolk village
- 4 'Key moment' for town centre as £800,000 improvements agreed
- 5 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 6 Haulage company turns recruitment corner after upping wages five times
- 7 Mum's tribute to 'amazing' son amid mental health plea
- 8 Tribute paid to father-of-three who died near his home aged 36
- 9 Case adjourned for woman charged with causing death by careless driving
- 10 Revealed: The area of Norfolk where homes are at higher risk of flooding