Fault causes more delays on the Norwich-London rail line
- Credit: Archant © 2012
Commuters have endured more rail delays this evening following a fault on the Norwich-London mainline.
A points failure at Witham, Essex, at about 5pm, caused some train cancellations and delays for passengers travelling between London Liverpool Street and Norwich.
Train services have begun running again. However, train operator Greater Anglia said there were delays of up to 40 minutes and disruption is expected until 8pm tonight.
The points failure resulted in the 6.10pm London to Norwich being cancelled and the 7.08pm service between London Liverpool Street and Ipswich.
A spokesman for Greater Anglia said: 'Network Rail engineers have now rectified the fault and we thank you for your patience and understanding.'
You may also want to watch:
The latest delays come after over running engineering works at Ipswich caused major delays for passengers on the mainline after the August bank holiday weekend.
Further Network Rail works at Ipswich on Sunday were completed on time.
- 1 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 PlayStation, iPad and pottery classes bought with NHS budget
- 5 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 6 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 7 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 10 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140