Firefighters called to town centre blaze
A town centre shop in Diss was evacuated this lunchtime as a result of a fire in a light fitting.Fire crews from Diss and Eye were called just before 1.20pm
A town centre shop in Diss was evacuated this lunchtime as a result of a fire in a light fitting.
Fire crews from Diss and Eye were called just before 1.20pm following reports of a fire in the ceiling of the Thorntons chocolate gift shop in Mere Street.
Firefighters put out the small blaze using dry power extinguishers and left the high street at about 2pm.
Three members of staff and a few customers were in the store at the time of the incident. No one was injured.
You may also want to watch:
The shop is set to remain closed for the rest of the day.
- 1 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 2 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 3 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 4 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 7 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 8 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 9 Norfolk Indian Society's Covid crisis appeal
- 10 New EAAA contract covers 24/7 flying and advanced helicopters